11.10.2009

An Open Letter to ....

You know who you are. And I know you're reading this.

I just want to take the time to thank you for helping out in making T.O.P a trending topic. The support you gave me on such a last minute, short notice was really just a tiny bit of weight lifted off my shoulders. And when you retweeted the link, helping spread the word, it was such a relief knowing that an influential, major BIGBANG fan site such as yours was on board with this. Because with as much traffic that no doubt flows in and out of your site on a daily basis, the word would surely spread. I also want to thank you for tweeting with all of us non-stop, like the world was about to end if we didn't put him in the top ten. Your dedication to T.O.P and to BIGBANG is amazing. To the whole YG family, actually.

Oh, wait ...

What am I saying?

YOU DIDN'T DO ANY OF THAT.

I should rewrite that, actually. Here's take two:

I just want to take the time to thank you for ignoring me when I asked for your help in making T.O.P a trending topic. The lack of support you gave me on such a last minute, short notice was really just more weight piled onto my shoulders. And it's sad that an influential, major BIGBANG fan site such as yours blatantly ignored a chance to help out, to retweet the link, to help spread the word, to support the boys you say you love. Because since you are a BIGBANG fan site, it makes sense that you'd help out, right? That's just common sense. I also want to thank you for tweeting and contributing only when T.O.P broke the top ten, and even then your tweets sucked and were lacking in numbers. Your dedication to T.O.P and to BIGBANG is amazing. Moreso to other members of the YG family, actually.

I tried letting this go and saying, "Maybe they missed the email I sent." No, you didn't miss it, because you congratulated me on Twitter after he fell out of the top ten. I can't even call it that because it was filled with such sarcasm and disdain. You knew that I was organizing it, I know you saw all the retweets and saw people spreading the word. So even if you did miss the email, one would think, "Hey, maybe I should get on board with this and help out in any way I can?"

No, that didn't happen. The sad thing is that even when I was in the middle of emailing you, I knew you'd ignore me. I don't know why you don't like me, but you don't. Maybe it's because I talk about your boy too much for your liking, maybe it's because I'm a white girl who listens to K-Pop, maybe it's because I'm actually nice to the people who read my blog and comment ... who knows?

I really don't care if people know that I'm talking about you. I don't care if you tell people I'm talking about you. I don't care if I receive hate email/comments after this or if I lose followers on Twitter. I'm not going to name names on here. If people guess correctly, then they guess correctly. While I wish for people to know just exactly who ignored me, who ignored them, in helping making this a trending topic ... it'd be pointless.

Because we did it without you. And we'll continue to do it without you.

So, thanks for doing nothing but pissing me and my readers off.

The K-Pop Addict

17 comments:

  1. :) you vent that shit out!

    The person in question is a big douche. I agree completely with you that we will continue on with out her help no problem :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This must have you aggravated too. You rarely ever cuss lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If it aggravates you it aggravates me. Plus you have already vented it to me multiple times and she is being a douche on purpose because of reasons unknown but i think i know which one of the above is the reason she dislikes you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG I'm so paranoid! Who is this about?!

    Either way, dude dont fret. It's just water off of oil to whomever didnt help. It's whatever you know? You did what you set out to do and did a great job on it.

    It's sad how something small can totally overshadow something big. Dont do that to yourself and just look at how awesome it was for that hunk of man to be in the TOP something of twitter.

    OK? Cheer up up up!

    -Rome

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, Rome, you're awesome! I know it isn't really a huge deal, it's just I've seen that she is helping out with another trending topic YG related, and she ignored me when I asked for help. If you don't like me, that's fine. I wasn't asking to be liked, I was asking for her help in regards to one of her favorite groups, that's all. But the pent-up aggravation has been irking at me, so now it's out lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. haha i love you for this!!!

    "Oh, wait ...

    What am I saying?

    YOU DIDN'T DO ANY OF THAT."

    lmao!!! u betta go off gurl! and to the person this is for ur an azz!

    much love TKPA <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved every word written above! You no what? Let your haters be your motivaters!
    Some people NO someone is just jealous because your site is so much better than theirs!
    You write with intelligence & creativity - where this other person lists pics (that are posted 24 hrs after eveyone has already seen them) and posts a calendar - gee thanks!
    So there is no other way to put this but to say to that person - you fucking suck!
    By the way I am writing this as I sit here with a 102.8 temp - that is how dedicated I am as your PBS! The oher site I wouldnt look at even if I felt wonderful w/ rainbows & magical fairy dust shooting out my ass! I'm just saying!
    love ya,
    cj(c-dae)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hahaha good one TKPA!

    I thought fandom are supposed to bring ppl together, but apparently....not everyone thinks so.

    There is a Malaysian/Singaporean word for this kind of attitude: KIASU.

    It means, like, someone who'd like to win all the time and couldn't handle it when they're being topped.

    Tsk tsk sadly I have met many kiasu fangirls, and it saddened me.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The thing about the BB fandom is that it's kind of divided, yes there a lots of famous BB sites out there but we're all separate unlike soshified or 2od etc.
    I hope one day we can all unit and bask in the hotness of BB u_u

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous:

    I really wish I could say that the divide between BB fandoms is what the issue was, but it wasn't. I am not a part of any one, single fandom. I talk about ALL male idol groups. Sadly, being ignored by this person was because of a PERSONAL dislike. I understand if I were to approach them with something controversial (like if I were to ask the Hottests to support a 6 member 2PM, that brings up mixed feelings), but in regards to wishing someone a happy birthday ... I really don't see why they couldn't jump on board. Honestly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. ^There are a lot of BB fandom dramas btw sites, some sites don't like to help out others with things. Btw does this person run a famous blog? I'm sort of getting an idea who you're talking about but don't want to jump to conclusions

    ReplyDelete
  12. another thing, taeyang was number 6 baby!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anonymous:

    Yes, they do. And they are helping out with making Dara a TT, so it's not that lol. I appreciate you trying to see the brighter side of this issue, really I do.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hmmm I wonder what site that is hmmmm. But dude you should try asking some of the 2NE1 fansites with help I would think that they could help maybe but not sure how well they could actually coordinate however most if not all their sites are like all BigBang lovers lol. That sucks that such a thing happened but on a lighter note listen to KOF's 30 second teaser to cool down that tension lol.

    ReplyDelete
  15. ^Wait I think I'm thinking of another person which isn't the one that you're talking about...if that makes sense.
    And lmao, I totally forgot about Tae until someone mentioned it on a forum sbox :(

    ReplyDelete
  16. this was the one i was waiting for~! HAHA. :))

    i commend you for being very dignified with this post. not rude AT ALL. not like "that person". and you know we share the same feelings towards him/her.

    kudos TKPA~! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'M FEELIN YOU, SISTER. I'M FEELIN YOU.

    ReplyDelete