11.06.2009

New Love: Andy Suzuki

I'm going to attempt to refrain from my usual TKPA-esque posts and be clean on this, because he will be reading this and that'll just be awkward.

You should all listen to Andy Suzuki & The Method. Why?

Because Andy has such an amazing, amazing voice. I know it's unusual for me to post something about a musician who is not a part of the K-Pop world, but seriously, Andy is incredibly talented and deserves recognition.

Half-Japanese, half-Jewish, Andy totally reminds me of a much more talented Justin Nozuka, a less whiney John Mayer, and with wicked piano skills. I've mentioned before a guy playing a piano just tugs at my heartstrings. And when that guy is singing his heart out, singing his soul, while playing that piano ... oh, man.

Yes, Andy Suzuki's music is my new love.

Photobucket

Andy so graciously sent me his free EP (yes, FREE) "Free Hundred Pianos," which contains six songs off his album. Personally, my favorite is "California." Its melody is beautiful, as are the lyrics. All of the songs are beautiful, though, and "Fool" makes me laugh at certain lines. The title track to the album is "300 Pianos," which is about his father's battle with Alzheimer's Disease.

Warning you now, it's a tearjerker. You might not have tears streaming down your face like I did (I'm such a huge cry baby), because it is a very personal subject that not many would understand (and I hope you never do), but the lyrics alone will still choke you up, as well as Andy's voice.

He also performs some amazing covers of Japanese songs by artists like Angela Aki and Naotarou Moriyama. You should check out Andy's cover of Angela Aki's "Tegami" (here). Yes, ladies, he can sing in Japanese.

Of course, I cannot forget to mention The Method, composed of Kozza Babumba (percussion), Aviad H-C (guitar), Jason G (electric violin), Jon Kraus (drum kit), and Nicolai Kaarsen (bass). An interesting little tidbit about Kozza is that he is the grandson of the Grammy Award winning percussionist, Baba Olatunji, so there is greatness embedded into his DNA. (Yes, I did my homework! Well, really, I just stalked the Facebook page).

Photobucket

Andy wants you to have, love, and listen to repeatedly "Free Hundred Pianos." I definitely, definitely recommend downloading it. You all know that I speak the truth, that I tell it like it is. Without a doubt, Andy Suzuki & The Method have extraodrinary amounts of talent.

Check it out and don't be afraid to contact Andy! He's a really nice guy!

To download "Free Hundred Pianos" click here! If you want all thirteen songs, look for "300 Pianos" on iTunes, Rhapsody, AmazonMP3, etc ...

Multiple ways you can communicate with Andy, besides emailing him at andy.suzuki.music@gmail.com.
MySpace
Facebook
Twitter
YouTube

Best of luck to Andy and to The Method!

xox

The K-Pop Addict

5 comments:

  1. I'm definitely giving him a worth listening to. Because, I absolutely ADORE piano skills, (Hell, I listen to Evanescence and I love Amy Lee), so he should be awesome. x]

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW - amazing gift of vocals & music! I just listened to 300 Pianos - my Grandmother died of Alzheimer's Disease - brought up memories of me & her that I havent thought about in a long time. Hit me hard but in the end made me smile just to think of her. Thanks for sharing! I will definitely continue to be a fan & share his music with my friends & family.
    Thanks TKPA,
    cj(c-dae)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I posted a bulletin on myspace, hopefully he'll get some new fans. :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice :3
    Andy is really talented

    ReplyDelete