11.07.2009

If G-Dragon is a Trend Setter ...

He might as well be a trending topic.

Photobucket

A lot of you (and I mean A LOT), have been suggesting making G-Dragon a trending topic on Twitter in celebration of his first solo concert. You can all stop suggesting now, because as soon as the first person mentioned it, I was like, "Sign me up!"

Master GD's first concert will be held on December 5th, starting at 7PM. The second date is December 6th at 6PM. I know two days worth of trending is going to be incredibly exhausting on everyone, so I think we should just make it for the first concert day and see how long it lasts. If it lasts BOTH days, that'll be amazing. But understandably, for your sanity and mine, I'm not going to ask for that.

What's the hash-tag going to be? It's simple: #gdragon. In the tweet, you can say good luck, "hwaiting," include pictures, videos, whatever you want. You can profess your love for him, you can keep it clean, or you can be dirty about it. As we all know with the whole Sex God tweeting frenzy, it all started clean and nice and then it just became ridiculously perverted.

Also, adding to the perversion, I will be tweeting #jiyongshowl. Because I do believe the man howls during sex and every time I hear a random howl incorporated into one of his or BIGBANG's songs, it only further proves my theory. You're more than welcome to help me on this! I really, really, really want to see this one trend. It can be number ten for all I care. As long as it's on there! Because it'll be hilarious and I can cross it off my list of "Things to do Before I Die."

When is this going to happen? Depending on where you are in the world, it will be on December 4th/5th. I would really love to make it start at the same time that his concert starts, but those of us in America will still be sleeping. So, we're going to make it start at 2 PM on Saturday, December 5, KOREAN TIME, which will be the following times:

Australia (New South Wales) - December 5, 4:00 PM
Malaysia - December 5, 1:00 PM
United Kingdom (England) - December 5, 5:00 AM
United States (EST) - December 5, 12:00 AM
United States (PST) - December 4, 9:00 PM

The above times are meant to be a guideline to your location. You can always find your local time at this site (open in a new window!). The information you enter should look like this:

Photobucket
The time entered into this is WRONG! Please put 2 PM as the time!

Of course, there are guidelines that are very similar to the T.O.P trending guidelines, but with a few changes:

1. DO NOT SPAM! Your tweet should not (I repeat, SHOULD NOT) look like this:

#gdragon #gdragon #gdragon #gdragon OR
#jiyongshowl #jiyongshowl #jiyongshowl #jiyongshowl OR
#jiyongshowl #gdragon #jiyongshowl #grdragon

THAT IS SPAM AND IT DOES NOT COUNT. Try to include a message that somehow pertains to G-Dragon.

2. DO NOT DO IT BEFORE THE DESIGNATED TIME, EVEN IF IT IS DECEMBER 5TH IN YOUR TIME ZONE.

The way trending topics work is for a mass amount of people to tweet the same hash-tag at the same time. If you start doing it earlier than the designated time ... it'll be pointless and it will not make trending topics, which is what we want!

3. IT ISN'T THE NUMBER OF TWEETS, BUT THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE TWEETING.

This is plenty of notice for you all, seeing as how it's a month away. We have plenty of time to be prepared for this and to spread the word this time around, so I won't be as obnoxious as I was with T.O.P (lucky you!), but seeing as how this is my Master and he owns me, I'll be subtly nagging you all about it by way of posts about him or tweets about his howl or just counting down in general.

But please spread the word. Even ask your non-K-Pop friends to help out. Two of my friends who do not listen to K-Pop and think I'm bat-shit crazy for listening to K-Pop helped out when it came to T.O.P. Why? Because they love me. If your friends love you, make them tweet once. And if they don't, give them the guilt treatment.

4. UNLOCK YOUR ACCOUNT DURING TRENDING!

It will not show up in trending topics if your account is set to private! Just unlock it for the time being and as soon as you are done tweeting for the day/night, you can reset it to private.

5. ONE HASH-TAG PER TWEET.

Because that is also spam, and spam is unwated. Do you think G Baby deserves spam? No, he doesn't.


I will be personally emailing various K-Pop sites in the coming weeks and asking for help on this. It's too soon to start getting "major" support on this, but you guys are all the support I need! If you want to spread the word to other sites, please feel free to send them the link to THIS PAGE, and then shoot me a quick email, leave a comment on this post, or reach me on Twitter and tell me who you sent it to and if you received a response. That way I know who is going to help out and who is going to be a douch and ignore us this time around. I kid, I kid.

I hope that we can make G-Dragon number one on the trending topics list, and I hope that this somehow receives enough attention and hopefully, maybe, possibly, G-Dragon himself hears about how fans from all over the world are wishing him luck on Twitter (even if he doesn't know what Twitter is).

We did it with T.O.P with only three days notice. We made him number four.

Do you think that with a month's notice we can make G-Dragon number one? The answer is hell yes.

By the way, the God of Lips will be a made a TT the next day! Check it out HERE!
TKPA

16 comments:

  1. You already know that me and Amy are on it! :D! Can't wait! >D Sadly, me and Amy are gonna be an hour late since our Mother has to leave the house by 9:30pm for work. Which means, I spend 9pm fixing her lunch and helping her get ready for work. But I'm sure it'll be fine if we're late by an hour. ^^;

    ** It was totally unnecessary to tell you this but I did it anyway. xD

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I am up at 3AM on due day then I so there, or else I will join the festivities later if they are still going on!
    I would have love to trend #jiyngsswag. Cus boy has that a plenty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I shall do this with all my strength and horniness to make this a TT.
    aAnything for my G-love Ji Yong Oppa. <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I am so there! GD 24-7

    ReplyDelete
  5. :( my internet connection is going to be temporarily interrupted from the 4th to the 29th (my parents are coming from home-AMERICA- with FOOD and GOOD THINGS) but i WILL find SOME WAY to help this TT. GD 짱!

    ReplyDelete
  6. im down for this for sure we can do it

    ReplyDelete
  7. YEAY YEAY YEAY!
    I was a little hesitating on tweeting #jiyongshowl because i'm pretty sure my twitter followers (who consist of my colleagues & superiors - oh & fam members) are not gonna be too impressed (the whole culture issue) with me tweeting about a man's howl.

    BUT you finally cleared it up that i can tweet #gdragon too!
    So YEAY YEAY YEAY I can participate!!!

    Malaysia - Saturday, December 5, 10:00 AM
    I'LL BE WAITING!

    Thank you!! XD

    ReplyDelete
  8. As always, we'll be there, let's make GD number one this time~

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG~ My Birthday!YAY!
    Definitly doing this ^^
    Ill be at twitter at 3pm sharp ^^ (my timezone)
    ooh cant wait!
    Thank you for organizing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,

    I'll be sharing this at BBVIP. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I shall take a really long nap, to help GD get to the top!

    ReplyDelete
  12. i'm in! oh Gd Gd Baby Baby.

    hope we make it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. alright i will do my part.

    ReplyDelete
  14. hi ..... add me on this too

    I sent this to any chatroll of big bang and 2ne1

    ReplyDelete
  15. yeaa!~
    add me on this too!~
    let's make it to the top!~
    ajaaaaaaa fighting GD!!!!!~~~^-^

    ReplyDelete
  16. It really stinks that there is a status update limit. I think that's why he's falling now :/

    ReplyDelete