10.17.2009

Keeping it Clean ... For the Weekend

Let me just say now ... I'm a very stubborn person and I don't particularly like being criticized in any way. Even if it's constructive criticism, even if it's in a joking way. I don't freak out about it or anything, I'll accept it with a smile on my face, but a part of me is hurt a little.

I wasn't necessarily criticized this morning, but I feel pretty damn close to it. So close that my stubbornness is kicking in and I am going to go on a temporary little strike, just to prove to myself, to this person, and to all of you that this isn't what I'm entirely about.

Someone said this blog should be renamed to "K-Pop Byuntae." Truthfully, because I don't know Korean words for the most part, I had to Google it. And it came up "pervert."

Hmm, thanks a lot.

I know it was meant in a joking manner, but it still hit a nerve a little bit. Let me explain something to you all ... I write this way because you enjoy it. I know you do, because you tell me in the comments that you do and on Twitter.

I love each and every single one of you for reading, commenting, and interacting with me. I started this blog on September 23, not even a month ago, and I already have readers from all over the globe. That's so incredible to me and I thank you all so much. I noticed, though, that once I started writing relatively vague, "dirty" comments in my posts, you all loved it. Because it isn't every day that a K-Pop fan skips over the "OMG HE'S SOOOO CUTE!" Truthfully, I find that junk obnoxious and I refuse to act that way. I'm an adult, after all. I'm allowed to have these thoughts.

And I don't necessarily agree with this person who made that comment, because there are plenty of posts that are not like that at all. It's just that when I do write something of the "byuntae" nature, site traffic increases, people from all over read it, and new fans are born. I know what you all like, what you want to read, so I deliver. And to those of you who have stalked the site relentlessly (a few of you have, don't deny it), you know that deeply and truly I do not mean any of the things I write.

Okay, that's a lie, I do mean them ... but you have to understand that I am an incredibly humorous, sarcastic-as-all-hell person that loves to make people laugh and loves to just laugh for no reason. And I've made you laugh, which to me is everything. The whole purpose.

Sorry I went off on a little rant there ....

Getting back to the point, I'm going to keep it clean this weekend, to show you that the dirtiness isn't what I'm all about. (Watch as the traffic plummets into obscurity).

It's only for the weekend, though. Because Monday kicks off Official Baby Daddy Week, and I am going to go more dirty on you than before. This weekend will be a nice little break for you all before the mother of all posts hits the internet next week.

Once again, thanks for reading, commenting, and supporting this crappy little attempt at a blog. I love you all infinite amounts =)

Also, I will not be referring to the boys by their Official TKPA nicknames. They're going to be called by their names.
The K-Pop Addict

5 comments:

  1. Gaaaahhh..WHY...WHYYYYYYYYY?!?!
    Ok You have already stated the reason why but damn imma feel so deprived over the wkend =_=

    Anyways, your blog has been like a breath of fresh air compared to most hyperventilating teenage-esque blogging style thats been around a lot. You make ol farts like me deliriously happy!!!

    K-Pop Addict Hwaiting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks =)

    I think it's because I myself am not thirteen-years-old, and while I sometimes do hyperventilate over these boys, I tend to keep that off of here. No one wants to read spazzing out.

    But don't worry, I'll be dirtier than ever this upcoming week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ever since I feel in love with K-pop a few months ago I have tried to share to find a place on line to share my thoughts & opinions with others. Youtube was getting a lil old. Then I started finding others on Twitter (thank goodness) & then I found your blog. What pure enjoyment it has been to read your blog. Perhaps it is because I too am not 13, that I appreciate how well written & thought provoking your blog is (clean or dirty);) Plus you share my deep love of sarcasm. So keep that chin lifted high in a GD style & keep posting - for I will be here reading along & making a few sarcastic comments here & there.
    Your "blog stalker" Shortney

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shortney, I can't thank you enough for constantly reading and commenting! I know that majority of the things I do write aren't necessarily PG, but at the same time they are not completely graphic, NC-17. Mainly it's all up to the imagination.

    It's just nice to take a little break every now and then, and while I enjoy writing such things, it's good that I clear my head a little bit before next week. Because even the boys I haven't talked dirty about previously will get the special treatment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Take it as a compliment the one and only K-Pop Byuntae meeting blog. Hey Kakashi is a Byuntae and we all love him.

    Love,

    Late time stalker

    ReplyDelete