10.16.2009

Kangin, What is Going On?

I am being completely serious in this post, as there is nothing remotely humorous about this situation.

Dear Kim Youngwoon,

I don't know you personally, but that doesn't stop my heart from feeling so heavy with emotion. The situation you've found yourself in is horrible, no matter whom you are, famous or not.

People make mistakes on a daily basis, but the severity of those mistakes varies with the individual. It’s disappointing that yours is more severe than most others. It’s hard to make excuses for what you did, because there is no excuse. There is no excuse for driving while intoxicated.

Someone very close to me, someone who I love and who is an important fixture in my daily life, was nearly killed due to someone who had been driving under the influence of narcotics and alcohol. Their accident was tragic, as both vehicles were mangled pieces of metal, my loved one’s friend placed in critical condition, and the intoxicated person, sadly, did not survive. My loved one was very fortunate, having God and guardian angels on his side, as he was left with only an injured knee and cuts from shards of glass.

While your accident was nowhere near this horrific, it could have been. Getting behind the steering wheel with that much alcohol in your system was stupid. Running away after the accident, fleeing the scene, was even more stupid. You put others lives at risk, as well as your own.

I still love you and I will still support you, because I know that in these types of situations, the person who caused the incident needs support as well. I don’t support your actions; I can’t because of personal reasons. But I will continue support you through this time. People will no doubt begin to criticize you mercilessly, and you will receive a lot of backlash. Yet you’ll always have the support of your fans.

You know you made a vast error in judgment and you know that now you have to face the consequences of your actions. I believe in your apology that you are sincere, and I know that you’re hurting on the inside for letting all of those who love you down. While it’s heartbreaking to most of us, the most important thing is that you and the others involved are safe and healthy.

All my love and support,

The K-Pop Addict

I am disabling the comments for this post to avoid any potentially negative feedback. I hope you understand.