10.23.2009

I Never Thought I'd Feel Disappointed

When it came to Master GD.

But last night ... man, I'll just come out and say it.

The MV for "Butterfly" did nothing for me. And that devastates me.

I mean, I don't hate it, because I think it's cute and whimsical and like a surreal world that a child dreams of. At the same time, though, I don't love it. And I want to love it, seeing as how that is my favorite song off of his album. I just can't.

To me it just seemed like a cross between the end of Finding Neverland and the chocolate room in Tim Burton's Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. And Master GD looked like a ringleader to some circus on an acid trip.

Photobucket

I know, that's a harsh thing to say. But I can't help but feel that way. I know he has to do everything different, everything has to be uniquely GD and I've been trying to remind myself of that. This is GD, I should love him regardless of what he wears or does.

There was not enough GD in it for me to be satisfied. It only showed him actually singing four, maybe five times? I'd watch again to recount, but every time I watch it I just feel the disappointment all over. Yes, any amount of GD, no matter how small it is, should make me happy and it does. But when it's his own music video? C'mon, he should be plastered all over the damn thing.

Photobucket
I can't see your beautiful, big brown eyes, bb!


I don't know. I LIKE the video, I just am not IN LOVE with the video. I want to be. I want to play this thing repeatedly, over and over, and I want to fangirl gush about it ... I just can't. I would've much rather seen him release "A Boy" or even "The Leaders."

I think besides The K-Pop Junkie, I'm alone in feeling this way. A lot of you love it and that's great, really! It's just not for me. I'd much rather envision my version of "Butterfly."

Check out the MV for "Butterfly" here

TKPA

5 comments:

  1. No matter what, I still love you! :3

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just like the SONG much better than the VIDEO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want him to make the Leaders really really really bad!!! I love that song! Plus I would get to see Teddy again!

    Butterfly was ehhh. It is just different from what we were imagining.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is a cool & artsy mv - the concept is cool - but I do AGREE that it needed to show more of GD - of course there is never enough GD! They could have just showed him rolling around in a field of flowers & butterflies looking all sexy at the camera & that would have been fine BUT What I do LOVE:
    1) the song
    2) the way he bites his bottom lip
    3) Sparky's cameo - he rocked it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the MV... it's so GD. It fits the song perfectly... and we know that there are going to be 100 million followers soon.

    ReplyDelete