12.05.2009

First EVER TKPA Blog Contest

I mentioned last week via Twitter that I was thinking of holding a "contest." It took me a while to figure out just exactly what I wanted to do, but I have it all figured out.

Since this is a blog, and since I am a "writer," then it's only appropriate that the contest be about writing, right? I know that might make some of you nervous, but never you worry. It's solely based on how well you entertain myself and The K-Pop Junkie. I love creativity, you know that. And I love to laugh and have fun with you all. I think this will be incredibly fun for everyone.

What I Want You to Write About:

If you could spend a full twenty-four hours with any one (only one) male K-Pop idol, who would it be and what would you do?

Should You Keep It Clean or TKPA-Dirty?

Okay, I don't want to read smut. It can be dirty, if you wish, but try to leave some things to the imagination. It can be entirely clean, it can be dirty, or it can be a good mixture of both (highly recommend the last option as that'll entertain me more).

How Long Does This Have to Be?

About 500-700 words long. That might seem like a lot, but really, it isn't. I can write 500 words no problem once I get into the groove of my storytelling, and I always go over the word limit when writing papers. That's why I'm being nice and allowing an extra two hundred words. (By the way, I will be placing this in Microsoft Word and reading them, so I'll know if you go over or not!)

If English Isn't Exactly Your Native Language ...

Don't worry, I understand. Yes, I am a bit of a grammar freak. But, I am willing to overlook it for this. I'll just fix the grammar myself so it's easier for me to read. (No, really. I actually do that mentally).

When Do You Have to Finish This By?

You must EMAIL me by 11:59:59 PM on Thursday, December 10, 2009. That gives you five days to write something, leave it alone for a while, then go back to it and fix anything or add any new ideas that popped into your head. Really, it's plenty of time considering it's not that long of a "writing assignment."

So, What are the "Prizes?"

Considering that I have like zero access to anything remotely awesome and K-Pop related, the "prizes" aren't anything spectacular. I'm going to choose three winners.

Third place: Yay! You get your story posted on the blog!

Second place: Yay! You get your story posted on the blog AND you get to do a guest blog!

First place: Yay! You get your story posted on the blog, AND you get to do a guest blog AND you get this:

Photobucket

Photobucket

An insanely expensive scarf ($145) that is 100% cashmere and incredibly gorgeous and so soft it's almost freaking orgasmic. And it was ridiculously cheap for me because of my employee discount. Like ridiculously cheap. It's my Christmas gift to you. Even if you don't celebrate Christmas, I do so it's still a gift. If you're thinking, "I don't really need a scarf where I live." It's freaking cashmere. You can always use cashmere in your wardrobe.

The colors, if you're wondering, are navy blue at the ends and it fades into a bright blue in the center. (TKPA colors, anyone?). Seriously, it's gorgeous.

What Your Email Should Look Like:

Subject: TKPA Blog Contest

Body:

Write a few sentences about you. Meaning, where you're from and your name. Don't tell me your age, because I don't want to know. Make sure you tell me your Twitter name, as well. Oh, and if you want to flatter me or TKPJ, now is the time to do it. It will butter us up before we begin reading and we'll like you more.

Your story, however long it may be (but under 700 words, okay pumpkins?).


That's it. Simple.

DO NOT ATTACH THE FILE! Please copy and paste it into the body of the email, because sometimes Microsoft Word likes to be picky and not open certain documents. It's too much of a hassle to email you back and try to work something out on how you can resend it, so let's just bypass all of it and paste it in the body of the email, okay? Make everyone's lives easier.

Not entirely sure on when I'll be able to announce who wrote the best. It depends on how many of you actually do this. If you are chosen by myself and TKPJ, then I will email you back and tell you. If you won "first place," then I will need your address (not a crazy psycho, I will not stalk you).

If you have any questions, ask below in the comment section. I can't always respond right away, but I do read them right away and I will answer as soon as I can. So check back on this post regularly to see if I have answered them. I won't answer them on Twitter, because if someone else has the same question, I don't feel like repeating myself.

Thanks for reading, commenting, and talking to me on Twitter! You all are amazing! It's been a great two (and a half) months with you all so far!

Now get to work!!

xox
The K-Pop Addict

26 comments:

  1. CASHMERE. Haha. i waant! Not that I'll have much use for it since I live in a tropical country. but wth. I hear cashmere is reeaaallly good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I live in Florida. Not much use for a scarf. But again, it's cashmere. It's worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. K-Pop Junkie12/05/2009 9:41 PM

    I'm excited to read them!!! Good Luck everyone! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. count me in..

    this is extremely exciting! it's writing-related but not totally about school!

    ReplyDelete
  5. testing testing this is my 3rd try to post my comment.


    :( im extremely busy this week and was planning on a self imposed seclusion but i'll try to squeeze this in since it looks so much fun... and the cashmere is nice! :)

    this is the time to let go of those suppressed thoughts on those hotties! good luck everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I probably won't do this though. I'm not entirely the best writer and I couldn't even choose what to do with who. D:
    You make it so hard, but if I'll give it a try, doesn't mean I'll actually submit something though.
    Haha. ~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Even though I'm not the greatest writer...I think I'll give it a try. Sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just sent you my submission.
    I hope you know... this is the first time I have ever wrote something like that that someone else would read. XD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, too bad I can't write worth a damn. But it'll be interesting to see what others come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww guys just because you're not great at writing doesn't mean you shouldn't give it a shot! Lots of people who are shit at writing do NaNoWriMo every year after all. =P And there's far more words involved in that.

    TKPA you made this too difficult though. ONE? ONE?! That like... oh gee. Which do I pick?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. TKPA, I have a question. is it okay if I use the structure of writing assignment? you know, with the prologue, epilogue, and all that stuffs...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Valeska: You can use whatever format you'd like as long as it's between 500-700 words. I'll take a damn poem, even.

    I think I need to clear something up. This isn't about who is the best writer, it's about WHAT you write. It's about your creativity and your imagination. Really, I just called it a "story" because it was for lack of a better word (I wanted to avoid the term "essay" because that's an evil word). It doesn't have to be an ACTUAL story. It can be a rambling of 500-700 words.

    Put it this way ... think of how I style the blog posts. Not really a story, not really an article. More like TALKING directly to anyone who will listen.

    Can you do that for me?

    ReplyDelete
  13. So like.... a story? :`D

    I want to do this just to see what I end up writing. O_O 'TIS MYSTERY.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm glad that I wait til your explanation before I send my story to you lol

    thanks so much for the explanation! shall revise my story now~

    ReplyDelete
  15. well ill see what i can come up with and with who

    ReplyDelete
  16. you know what? i've been thinking about this ALL DAY! :)) i'd love to join but i'm not sure if i can make one. huhu. both clean & dirty thoughts are flooding my mind the moment i read this post. XD

    ReplyDelete
  17. M!$$ Nuna Baby12/07/2009 10:15 AM

    Me english is no good....bhahahah.
    No srsly i'd love 2 give it a try even though it's kinda hard 2 choose 1 idol..yall feelin me?! :p
    thank you for giving us a chance to SHINe XD lol..

    ReplyDelete
  18. Jenny: You CAN do it! Seriously, it's so much easier than everyone is making it out to be!

    ReplyDelete
  19. K-Pop Junkie12/07/2009 2:19 PM

    Just let it flow!! Once you start typing you wont be able to stop!

    ReplyDelete
  20. what TKPJ said is true. I couldn't stop typing, then I realized I've typed more than 700 words o.O

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'm having such issues trying to decide WHO. GOD. I'm going to have to do eeney meeney miney mo >_>

    ReplyDelete
  22. Me too.. I'm having a hard time cause we can't include pics... or links?

    LOLs... I guess I already have a topic in mind.. =p

    Celisse,
    how many can we submit???

    I mean can we submit 3 entries?

    ReplyDelete
  23. Nope, no pics or links! Just pure writing! And only one entry. I mean, you can write three and then choose the best one to send in. Only one, though lol

    ReplyDelete
  24. Celisse.. Can you make a countdown with regards to the deadline... I haven't sleep since dawn...

    And tomorrow's the deadline? Or today at your timezone...

    wait.. I'll be checking with the time converter..

    ReplyDelete
  25. honestly, i am so embarrassed of what i've written.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Itsthebigpicture: Honestly, you're not the only one. XD

    ReplyDelete