8.09.2010

Fed Up With SB Accessories

I really don't care if they threatened legal action, I think it needs to be out on the internet that this company has horrible customer service and needs to get their act together.


This is the letter I wrote SB Accessories on July 26th at 3:58 PM EST.

Dear SB Accessories,


This email marks the fourth time contacting your business within a month. The first being an inquiry as to why I was unable to purchase a product from your website, despite trying over a period of three days. First with Google Checkout, which my payment was cleared and then promptly refunded without any sort of explanation, and then with PayPal, which kept giving me error messages. You quickly responded, informing me the problem was fixed and urging me to order again. In fact, you emailed me twice, the second time stating, "Hey you can order now :)" and nothing else.


On July 1st, I placed an order for SB Goode's (now listed as SB GLASSE'S SPEC's) and received an email receipt with the reference number "10.174.5.142-1298FC2AC7B-73862F81-75D793AE." You had a free shipping option, which said I should receive it within eight to ten business days. No where on your website does it indicate an average time period of how long it takes a product to leave your doors, but I find it interesting that your return policy is only good for ten days after the purchase date. This tells me that you're usually very prompt in sending out orders.


On July 20th, I emailed you with an inquiry of the whereabouts of my order and received no response. Again on the 23rd, I sent another email, notifying you of my previous unanswered email and once again asking about the my order, which has already been billed and paid for.


I am extremely dissatisfied with the way this transaction was conducted. I feel as if the only reason you so quickly answered me (twice) was because you simply wanted my money. The glasses I ordered are for a very talented and internationally known South Korean rapper and actor, T.O.P, who is part of the South Korean hip-hop group, Big Bang. He often wears very outlandish clothing and has an unusual taste in fashion. His typical accessories are very similar to the ones you design. You can look him up on any search engine and I am sure you will agree. Naturally, him wearing your product will be known to his many loyal and international fans, who may want to purchase something from your site. Not to mention the fact that seeing as how he's a trendsetter in the Korean music industry and a very important fashion icon, many other Korean musicians will seek out your products as well.


However, if I do not receive any sort of response email from you within twenty-four hours, informing me of the location of my already billed and paid for order, I will go to my bank and have them refund my money. This is entirely possible, regardless of your ten day return policy, for I haven't received my product yet. Since I feel that money and fame is all that matters to you, I am sure that I will receive a quick response from you.
This is what they responded to me, on July 26th at 4:06 PM EST:

What's your address
Please remove the letter as we have just revoke the statement in our legal firm
We will reship products today with tracking number plus a free item
It is now August 9th and I still haven't received my order, so I wrote them yet another letter and went to twitter to spread it to the masses:

Dear @SBshades: Overall, this is the sixth time I have tried contacting you. My patience has reached its limit with your company. I ordered a product from you on July 1st and became increasingly disappointed with each day that passed without my item in my mailbox. I contacted you on the 20th and received no response. I contacted you again on the 23rd and received no response. I contacted you a third time, on July 26th, informing you that I would go to my bank and have the money refunded, taking my business elsewhere, if I did not hear from you about my item. You instantly responded, asking me for my address (which you should have already had on file), and letting me know that you would ship out my item THAT DAY along with a free gift. It is now August 9th, fourteen days later and still NO sign of my product. I emailed you on August 6th, yet again asking you where my order was and why it hadn't arrived. And yet again, you ignored me. Your customer service skills are HORRENDOUS and I highly suggest that you work on that area or else you will soon have a bad reputation built around your company name. While your products may be designer and you surely have talent, dissatisfied customers can shatter any potential. Is it because I am not a famous celebrity that you could care less about getting my order to me on time? Is money all that matters to you, making a name for yourself? It seems that way, for when I told you this item was for an international fashion icon, actor, and musician, you jumped at the gun to respond to me. I am through with your company. If my item has already been placed in the mail, then please let me know IMMEDIATELY (along with a shipping or tracking confirmation number) or else I will be going to the bank to have my money refunded.
Like I said, they can threaten me with legal action all they want. I have said nothing but the truth and it is not my fault that their company needs tremendous amounts of work when it comes to its priorities. Maybe others have had different experiences with them, I'm not saying that they're like this for everyone. However, all it takes is a few negative reviews.


Update:


They emailed me back on August 9th at 3:46 PM EST with:
Please forward over your exact order and address asap aswell as phone number.Thanks
And then I responded with:
This is the receipt I received via email, as you can see it is dated July 1st. I have included this reference number in every email I have sent you. Now if this is something invalid, then it shouldn't be included in the receipt. You should already have my address, as it was listed alongside my credit card information (which obviously you received because I was billed), and I also replied to you at this email address with my mailing address on July 26th.
This is the address it SHOULD have been shipped to, which I have given you twice.
Address omitted
If you have shipped it then I request a tracking number ASAP. If you have not already shipped it or you cannot provide me a tracking number that states this item has already been processed by the postal service, then I am contacting my bank and issuing a refund.
They emailed me back with this:

What was the shades that were purchased.
I ignored the grammatical errors, swallowed the anger building up inside me, and replied with:

I purchased SB Goode's.
http://services.mercantec.com/Merchant/?m=13570&p1=145912
Have you already shipped this item or not?
And the final straw:
Ok shipping today
And my response:
Unfortunately you're a bit late in shipping an item I ordered over a month ago, and very unforunate that I have not the time nor the patience left to wait another week for an order that you already said you would ship. So please forgive me if this sounds rude, but I no longer want your product. Please do not ship as I will be contacting my bank and having my money refunded. Thank you.
Plan B is in action folks. I found a store in the mall nearby that sells TOP-style rings. I'll try to find the biggest sizes available. I'll make you proud and I will make up for this horrible delay. I'm incredibly sorry to you all that I chose this company and I can assure you that I will no longer use them in any future projects we will do together.

16 comments:

  1. This is such bullshit. Their sucky service, not your letters.
    You really know how to write a letter though so maybe they'll learn something.
    What are we gonna do about TOP's gift? :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an idea, however I need to wait for the bank to refund the money into my account.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What kind of bullshit Legal actction could they take against a dissatisfied customer? They should know that word of mouth is a very powerful tool that can be used for or against you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm spreading the word on twitter. Sorry for all the frustration this is causing you. Companies need to learn that they're nothing without paying customers. And bad news travels twice as fast as good news. Hopefully, this mess doesn't delay BB getting their gifts on time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristin,

    Unfortunately, it will delay it. I was supposed to ship everything out last Monday, Wednesday at the latest. They won't receive these gifts on time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is truly upsetting. What they've done is purely moronic and they don't deserve the civility you've given them. Whatever you do for TOP will be fine, TKPA. We believe in you! Even though the gifts will be a smidge late, at least they'll get there! It's the thought that counts, not the punctuality. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh dear >< they're just terrible!! The site doesn't even look that good either! Well shame on them because they could have actually hit it off but whatever, they lose. I am glad you sounded so nice in the letter's because from what you are saying about how mad you are, you handled everything very professionally. Bravo TKPA because Big Bang is worth it u.u

    ReplyDelete
  8. TKPA I applaud your professionalism in this matter, because I doubt I could have been so professional or as nice as you were. I am so furious with this company, and the fact that Big Bang won't receive their gifts on time because of them makes me even madder!!!! They will never get my (or anyone I know) business.

    ReplyDelete
  9. wow they are really inconsiderate, its like they completely ignored you but yet they didn't ignore your money, complete idiots

    ReplyDelete
  10. K-Pop Junkie8/09/2010 9:38 PM

    What Idiots.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's absolutely infuriating. I wonder how many other customers they have screwed over like this. I wonder how many customers they LOST because of this (I know I'll never buy anything from them now)

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow . You are totally my idol for doing this! I love how your well scripted letters to them scared them so badly :)
    I will keep in mind neve to buy from them either & if anything like this ever happens to me i dont think i could be as brae as you so good job!
    Btw, good luck with the big bang gifts, Im sure they will ve much appreciated !

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hunny TRUST ME!
    Stevie Boi has no legal firm.
    He is a complete conman, who needs some serious help (mentally).
    I've met him and he's quite a sad site once you REALLY get to know him.
    Once you realize what he's up to he completely shuts you out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. miss thpa, i lol-ed hard at your letters...but you were probably steaming mad at that time..i love how well-phrased they were!...SB is bs..

    ReplyDelete
  15. *miss tkpa, i mean, sorry for the typo

    ReplyDelete