9.25.2009

Super Junior-M's "Super Girl": Chinese v. Korean

I wanted to go to sleep an hour and a half ago, but here's the thing about me ... I don't sleep.

Literally about an hour ago, The K-Pop Junkie mentioned how I should include Super Junior-M's "Super Girl" to the playlist (featured on the right sidebar). I said, "But it's Chinese, not Korean." Thus, there would be no point in putting it on here, even if it is by a subgroup of the largest boyband in the world, Super Junior.

I was on Twitter when I saw from multiple people that SJ-M has now released the Korean version of "Super Girl." I became super excited and rushed to play it ... only to find that I actually like the Chinese version better. It's still a fantastic song in any language, but because I've heard it so much in Chinese, it just sounds weird.

But then I listened to it again. And I am now in love with it. Again. I'd show proper enthusiasm about it, but I'm starting to feel the sleep creep up on me and it's becoming nearly impossible to keep my eyes open. So, I'll just cut to the chase and keep this short.

Here's the Korean version. (Watch in HQ for the ultimate sexiness of Donghae, Kyuhyun, Siwon, Ryeowook, Han Geng, Henry, and the cross between Leeteuk and Siwon, Zhou Mi). And here is the Chinese version. (Also watch in HQ).

I know that The K-Pop Junkie is going to go bat-shit crazy over this, seeing as how her Baby-Daddy-To-Be list includes Siwon, Hae, Kyun, and Han Geng.

Yours,

The K-Pop Addict

6 comments:

  1. K-Pop Junkie9/25/2009 1:02 PM

    YESSSS!!!! I am very excited that the song is now in Korean. Though, I am having trouble adjusting because I have gotten used to singing along it in Chinese. Of course I will get used to it, after I play it 20 times :) (and you know I will, because I'm on play number 4 now). My Baby Daddies are looking good and I can't stop myself from watching them dancing around in a party setting. So in the words of G-Dragon "I'm Out" so I can watch my men dance! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Korean version better, because I'm a sucker for random English phrases thrown into the lyrics and there is broken English galore in this new version.

    ReplyDelete
  3. K-Pop Junkie9/25/2009 1:09 PM

    Yeah there is way more english in this one than the other. Both are good. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I prefer the Chinese, but "He's not shupa-man, he's just mama('s) boy" ALMOST takes the cake for the Korean version. (see 1:34 x)

    ReplyDelete
  5. HAHA. I haven't listened to it enough to catch that, but you're right that does give the Chinese version some competition.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @C-Bisquit

    That is the line that makes the k-version 10000x more awesome.

    ReplyDelete