9.27.2009

Reason #1 Why I Love Super Junior: They're Camera-Seeking-Fame-Whores

No, really. They are. I say that out of love.

Over the past few years, Super Junior has partaken in television shows, variety shows, guest spots on Star King, performing MC duties on their own shows as well as music shows, radio shows, and they’ve even acted in commercials and movies. Wikipedia isn’t entirely accurate with their filmography, since there are plenty of shows missing from it that I loved watching (Intimate Note is one of them).

I wish that when I was a teeny-bopper and obsessed with *NSYNC back when I was twelve, that those boys did as much fame-whoring as Super Junior does. Sadly, the only thing remotely close to that kind of camera-loving on *NSYNC’s part is the home video DVD that I have. I still watch it for nostalgia reasons.

I’ve watched several of their shows (the ones that I can find subbed, obviously) and aside from laughing hysterically, as all of the boys know how to act to bring in ratings, I think it made me like them even more. I was already beginning to dive into full-on obsession with them, but once I watched Explorers of the Human Body, I was hooked. This is the show that actually helped me learn all of their names, seeing as how all thirteen of them were active in the taping. Not only did they show me that I can kick my older brother’s ass when it comes to arm wrestling, but it really showcased each of them individually, glimpses of their individual, quirky personalities shining through with every episode.

(Side note: If any of you have a link to Leeteuk’s Love Fighter with ENGLISH subs, please let me know, as I can only find them with Vietnamese subs and I need to see my lovely Teuk giving bad advice and manipulating people with his endless chatter)

Even though it was filmed back in 2006, I am still incredibly jealous of those two girls on Full House for living with the guys for the duration of filming. Honestly, I don’t know how they did it, because I definitely would have been sneaking into Leeteuk’s or Donghae’s or Kyuhyun’s room at night … and there would have been a paternity test to follow and probably the disbanding of Super Junior shortly after that. It’s probably a very good thing that I was seventeen, a senior in high school, and with no clue who they were. ELFs would have my head on a silver platter, otherwise.

I try to watch pretty much anything involving Super Junior, as I love them and I will marry one of them (this I am sure of).

But even when they aren’t a part of a show whose premise is built around them, they still bring in the laughs and try to suck up as much camera time as they possibly can. If you’ve ever seen Star King, you know exactly what I’m talking about, especially in regards to Boom’s Gag Academy. Seriously, I don't think I've seen one single clip where the boys of Super Junior haven't completely stolen the spotlight.

Hell, even their random public service announcements are endlessly amusing, whether they're telling me how to save energy or advising me on how to stay warm during the winter. (Teuk, why do you have to have absolutely no ass? You're pure bone, bb).

It really is a shame that American musicians/actors/actresses aren't like this in the States. The only kind of famewhores we have here are Heidi Montag and the King-of-all-douchbags, Spencer Pratt. I'd suggest doing an exchange with South Korea, sending Super Junior over here and we'll give them Speidi in exchange ... however, I love people in SK too much to subject them to such vomit-inducing-cries-for-attention. You're welcome, South Korea.

Yours,

The K-Pop Addict

No comments:

Post a Comment