9.24.2009

Park Jaebeom, I Love You. And by Love, I Mean “Obsess Infinite Amounts Over.”

I wish the whole ordeal of former 2PM member, Jaebeom, never happened. Because not only is this guy no longer granting us all the privilege of hearing his gorgeous voice, but he is one less pretty (and muscular) Korean for me to look at. That should be a good thing, seeing as how I’m supposed to be overcoming my addiction to K-Pop (who am I kidding with that, anyway?!). It definitely is not a good thing, though.

Park Jaebeom, how we'll miss you.


So, I’m writing this as my one and only blog entry to get my obsession out of my system, because I can no longer afford to ogle over someone that I cannot see perform as the leader of 2PM. And I know that the Hottest (the official name for 2PM fans) are protesting and boycotting events of the now six member group until their precious leader is restored to his rightful place, but I honestly do not see that happening any time soon. Not trying to put a downer on all of you Hottest out there, but realistically speaking, unless your boy and Park Jin-young (CEO and founder of JYP Entertainment) work out the whole sticky situation, then Jaebeom will more than likely stay in America.

Which sucks for all of you in Asia (and everywhere else in the globe), but it is quite a happy thought for those fans who reside in the States. Honestly, I think that if he is still under contract with JYPE, then he needs to get out of it and focus on making a name for himself here in America. He’ll do exceptionally better in the American market than he ever would have just staying within the Asian countries. Not just here, domestically, but internationally as well. How many major musicians and actors and actresses that are internationally known are American? The answer is a lot. Because we pimp our citizens out hardcore, treating them like high-class whores.

And Jaebeom, darling … you are an American-born citizen. Embrace the whoring out of your American career.

Your hip dips put Cristiano Ronaldo to shame.


The controversy revolving around Park Jaebeom (or shall I call him Jay Park since he’s now back home in America?) stems from a silly MySpace comment he left when he first traveled to South Korea to become a trainee for JYPE—four years ago! The American teenager told a friend, “I hate Korea. Koreans are gay.” Which, in the States, that might not seem like such a bad thing, seeing as how it’s common teenager slang to refer to something that is dumb (not that teenagers referring to something as “gay” is okay, because it does offend homosexuals and it should never be used in a negative manner). But when that’s literally translated into Korean … holy cow, it’s like the ultimate Yo Mama joke.

People made a huge deal out of nothing, out of a cultural and linguistic misunderstanding, and in fear of possible backlash against the entire group, Jaebeom did the correct thing (in my honest opinion) and left the group. Hundreds of fans went to the airport to beg him not to get on the plane to go back home, but what they don’t understand is what could have happened if he stayed. And they also don’t understand that while their intentions of boycotting in hopes to get Jaebeom's and JYPE's attention and to call for his return to South Korea are noble, and the amazing unity that has occurred between Hottest all over the globe, their efforts are pointless. It’s about politics, folks.

Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely and one-hundred percent want him to remain active in the music industry, but I don’t think it will be with 2PM, and if it is with 2PM, it will not be any time soon. Enough of all that, though.

Jaebeom is lovable for a lot of reasons.

One, looking at him, I can’t help but think dirty thoughts. Two, I really want to lick chocolate syrup or whip cream off of his abs. Hell, I am even willing to eat kimchi off of his body, and that is saying a lot because I cannot stomach the smell of Korea’s beloved dish. I just can’t.

Does this really need a witty caption?


Jaebeom’s dance moves are insane. I could dedicate a whole blog post to his dance ability, but I won’t do that because, again, this will be my one and only post regarding him and my obsession of him. But, for a little teaser, just a quick taste of the sick moves, here are a few links I highly recommend. I suggest you either: clear the surrounding area free of furniture, as seeing him will make you want to attempt his flawless movements, or keep some Kleenex nearby, because ladies you will need to wipe the slight drool that will escape your mouth. (The last video has made me a firm believer that Jaebeom is an absolute dirty freak in the bedroom. If you don't find it temperature-rising-sexy, then please let me know where you are located so I can call the nearest mental health facility and have you checked in).

Until Jaebeom either: A. returns to 2PM and remains the leader, B. embarks on a solo career here in America (unlikely, but my deep wishful thinking), or C. something incredibly juicy happens in regards to the current crap-hole of a situation, I will not obsess over him further nor write about him in detail, other than the occasional mention and link back to this post. It’s too devastating and heartbreaking for me to deal with.

Park Jaebeom, in the highly unlikely chance you will ever read this (still, have to put it as a precautionary thing so I don’t get put on an international stalker’s list or something), know that whatever you do, there will be millions of people around the world, supporting you. You are a super talented guy, and even though times might be dark right now, your future is indeed bright. Hang in there, lovely. Oh, and I also love you.

Yeah, definitely going to be on that list.

Yours,

The K-Pop Addict

4 comments:

  1. I am very sad that he might never come back to 2 PM. But at lease he could make it in America if he tried. As for those videos I have to agree that he is a dirty freak in the bedroom. Well maybe not a freak but a damn good lover in bed. ;) His body is amazing and I would just like to thank his parents for making him. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. K-Pop Junkie,

    First, I don't know why it's coming up anonymous for you. We'll sort that out another time. I am willing to bet my first child that Jaebeom is a freak in the bedroom, as well as a damn good lover. Because any man who can move his body like that and make thousands of eggs drop, while being fully clothed, has got to be good.

    And yes, God Bless Mr. and Mrs. Park in Seattle, WA, for creating such a beautiful, sexy man. I think they deserve a standing ovation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. K-Pop Junkie9/25/2009 12:25 AM

    K-Pop Addict,

    We need to find out how this signing think works. For real. I'm going to play with it. As for his parents I think we should send them a fruit basket or something :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope JaeBum is able to continue doing what he loves. I won't go into anymore. Just be glad you aren't a Cassiopeia because you'd be going gray with all these bad news.

    ReplyDelete