9.29.2009

An Open Letter to G-Dragon

Before reading this entry, you should probably check out the first blog I wrote in regards to him. This will make a lot more sense.

Dear Kwon Ji-Yong,

I am writing this to inform you that you win. You win, damn it. I'm not going to fight it anymore.

I tried so hard to keep you in my "rainy day" box, shunning you to the deepest depths of my mind. Yet you somehow snuck out of the abyss, hitting me with such a force, wherein it truly makes me believe I never even had a chance when it came to you.

Your songs have been stuck in my head for the past five days. Yes, five days. It doesn't matter what else I listen to, you're still there. Your sex voice is like an orgasm to my ears, and I cannot listen to "Breathe" without cursing your name. Why did you have to say, "I know you want it, baby," Ji-Yong? Did you realize that it would send dirty-minded girls, like me, into a total state of baby-making-mood? I think you did realize it when you wrote it, and I think you get some sort of sick pleasure from the whole thing. You're quite dirty-minded yourself, love.

I tried fighting the attraction I felt toward you, toward you and your male-Korean-Lady Gaga ways that you ever so proudly flaunted in "Heartbreaker." I tried resisting the urge, the need within me, to look past your platinum, bleached hair. I am a firm believer that Asian men should never ever EVER have blonde hair ... but you seem to be the only exception. I am fully accepting of your insanely-bright-hair-color. It puzzles me endlessly, and I am convinced that if you were to ever return to your natural, dark roots, your sex appeal would diminish. Secretly, I want you to keep the blonde. And I hate myself for that.

I kept telling myself, "No, don't go there. Just leave it alone." I can't do that, though. You should be proud of yourself, as I am, self-professed, the most stubborn person on the planet. Your conquest over my willpower is admirable, yet I loathe you for the absolute control you have over me by the utterance of a few English words.

I am a sucker for English in Asian-based songs. You, my dear Ji-Yong, have a plethora of that. Every time I hear you rap in "What's Up (The Leaders)" I have to stop what I'm doing. I cannot handle your perfectly-accented-English. Really, I didn't stand a chance against you. I shouldn't have even listened to your songs to begin with, I should have said no. Just like I would say if I were being offered drugs. Because you are a drug, Ji. I was already addicted to K-Pop, working on overcoming it. Congratulations, you single handedly destroyed that goal.

If I sound bitter, it's because I am. I have such a dislike toward you, but at the same time, I am totally in love with you and your bizarre, unexplainable power over me. It is a love-hate relationship that I feel toward you.

I love you when you say amazing things in your songs, lyrics that make me wish that I was born a Korean citizen so I would be living in South Korea and I could stalk you and obsess over you properly, rather than doing it from half a world away. But I hate it when your words repeat over and over in my head throughout the day, literally driving me insane and taking over my mind. I hate how your sexually-charged lyrics pop into my mind, making me think wickedly dirty thoughts in what can only be classified as the most inappropriate times during the day.


"Love it or hate it. You hate but you love it."
You're absolutely right.

Even though I said I wasn't going to compile the BIGBANG edition of the "Baby-Daddy-To-Be" List until Taeyang's single was released, I feel extremely confident in saying that you will be the only one on that list. Congratulations, Future Baby Daddy.

Kwon Ji-Yong, I love you ... but, understandably, I hate you all at the same time. You win, I fail. I fail miserably.

Your Future Baby Mama,

The K-Pop Addict

24 comments:

  1. K-Pop Junkie9/29/2009 5:54 PM

    "It puzzles me endlessly, and I am convinced that if you were to ever return to your natural, dark roots, your sex appeal would diminish. Secretly, I want you to keep the blonde. And I hate myself for that." Are you for real???? You kill me. I understand why you love him because of his music but wanting him keep his blonde. NO NO NO NO NO NO NO K-Pop Addict what are you thinking???

    Also, you cannot count out Asian Usher!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry! I'm sorry! I cannot help it! I'm sure that when/if he ever does get rid of the ungodly-bright blonde hue, his dark hair will grow on me, just like the blonde has grown on me. But there will be a slight mourning period when/if that happens.

    And Tae is not yet counted out, as I am still waiting for that video to be released. But he has a lot of convincing to do if he wants to make the cut! He'll probably end up on the JV squad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. K-Pop Junkie9/30/2009 12:47 AM

    Psh Tae is on my baby daddy list. I mean the way he dances.....

    As for you mourning his lost of blonde hair....I am speechless. I think you need me to slap you or show you Tuek pictures over and over again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do you remember when I had the fascination with Teuk and his "Don't Don" days? The reason why is because I associated that awful style with the best-choreography-ever. With GD, I have associated his double-meaning lyrics with the blondeness.

    Justified.

    ReplyDelete
  5. K-Pop Junkie9/30/2009 12:59 AM

    Ehhhhhh it is only kinda justified. I do not agree. Just like I did not agree with Teuk back then as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HOW CAN YOU NOT AGREE WITH THE AWESOMENESS THAT WAS TEUK IN THE "DON'T DON" DAYS?

    True, he had a horrible, horrible, please-don't-ever-do-that-again hairstyle, but still, he was HOT with it.

    Ugh ... it's times like this I don't even know how we're friends. (But I do agree I need to be shown pictures of my beloved Teuk. GD is starting to surpass him, and that cannot happen).

    ReplyDelete
  7. K-Pop Junkie9/30/2009 1:05 AM

    IT CANNOT HAPPEN.
    I MEANT THE HAIR NOT THE DANCING.

    lol

    you know we are friends because we are both weirdos.

    ReplyDelete
  8. GD's blonde is so bright, it has its own gravitational pull.

    ReplyDelete
  9. same. total fail.

    i love him, and hate him so much. i've been through what u're feeling now. i used to live in denial, i'd do anything but to admit that i actually love him to death. until idk when, i just had some nervous break down and admitted my love for him (hahahah this sounds so delusional).

    i hated scrawny guys like him, very much. i made an exceptional..just for him. he's amazing to have made me feel this way. everything he does, and the way he moves is SEX for me wtf. i think of horny stuff everytime i listen to breathe, and i just wanna do it with him. hahahaha omg i'm so out of my mind. and same, i have to curse everytime after he sings 'you and me hardcore, let's do it some more'. i'm going crazy!!

    i'm perfectly fine with him in that blonde. it's so hot!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ji Yan,

    THANK YOU!!!

    Finally, someone who understands me! There needs to be a GD support group of some sort haha

    ReplyDelete
  11. K-Pop Junkie10/01/2009 6:02 PM

    I can see why the two of you love him because of his lyrics that just make girls, myself included, go crazy with millions of dirty thoughts, BUT I find it hilarious that the two of you both went through a denial that you liked him. Does that not mean anything?



    Yes he is an attractive man, when not the brightest blonde ever. I will give you that. But this is one boy K-Pop Junkie will not fight over with K-Pop Addict until (MAYBE) he has dark hair again. He is all yours ladies, as I am sure I will stick with my husband, Siwon forever. With a few other Baby Daddies in the mix. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Seeing as how you admitted that he is attractive and that you do understand how we are in love with him, it is only a matter of time before you come over to the dark side and you begin to love him too. I know it will happen, and when it does, I will send you a link to this page and I will also write a very long blog about your epiphany, as well as post it on Twitter for everyone to see.

    Count on that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. K-Pop Junkie10/01/2009 6:50 PM

    Oh I know you will IF it happens. You would love that. haha :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I second Ji Yan & K-Pop addict. I won't call myself a GD fangirl, but when I see him anywhere, dancing and performing, I'd groan & shriek, just like any other normal GD fangirl

    *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm too young to really think sexually about guys, but JiYong, I hate him as much as you guys do.

    I listen to him everyday, every chance I get, haha, I seriously love him! but just like any fan girl, I should suck it in and stick to the fact that I can only dream of a guy like him. hmph.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous-person:

    You never know ... sometimes dreams do come true ;)

    Thanks for reading/commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Honestly? I love you to the core. Enough said.

    AND I LOVE IT WHEN HE BITES HIS LIPS. MAKES ME WANNA BITE IT FOR HIM. If you ever get to know him, inform me 8D Hahahah.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think if I ever get to know him, a few things would happen:

    1. I'd probably have a fan girl heart attack.
    2. I'd take a plethora of pictures and post one really cutesy one with him biting his lip on the blog.
    3. Refrain from blogging about any specifics ;)

    Thanks for reading/commenting!

    ReplyDelete
  19. LOL "Never, ever, EVERRR have blonde hair!" I totally agree hahaha. Love the way you said it.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Tempo was always alone at the TOP of my kpop love list. He is my Future Husband after all. But then Big Bang went on hiatus and Blondie GD came along whispering sexy nothings to me and I was almost swayed. If it wasn't for the Elle Korea photoshoot I would be on team GD.

    ReplyDelete
  21. this post had me in stitches but i also can't help but nod in agreement...the first time i saw haru-haru, my first crush was GD...then i switched to TOP...i've been with teamTOP since then but since GD came out with that blond hair and that Breathe song...i'm still fighting the urge to sway but this post just made everything worse...Jiyoung STOP TEMPTING ME!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Kicking myself in the head that I only stumbled upon your blog now. If I hadn't, then I'd have read this post earlier and saved myself a whole lot of goddamn internal struggle.

    FINALLY... SOMEONE GETS IT! The smexy paradox that is our blonde Asian sensation! I, too, was Team TOP at first but then stupid BBTV had to go majorly GD-heavy and show how annoyingly (sexily!) LAYERED he was and, sigh. I have completely lost the battle against common sense... and have the 2010 Shirley Temple Curls calendar to prove it sitting at my desk at work, a painful reminder of my defeat with logic.

    And when he showed a clip of his room-slash-bedsheets, with accompanying creepy explanation aka "Tom and Laura?" Resistance was futile. I was nuts over the floppy blonde 'do and all its incarnations - even the Koe Wo Kikasate Mom Bob had its moment - but I must say at this point, he could have Taeyang's pre-debut dreads and I'd still go apeshit (needless to say, his MAMA mohawk was all I wanted for Christmas).

    And that's just his HAIR. The way I see it, if a guy can be that complex about his 'do then can you just imagine how awesome the rest of the package must be!? I can't even begin to deconstruct. And far be it for me to mess with a hot mess. Ah, GD, you hurt so good.

    Damn you, GD GD baby baby, and your scrawny swagger and naughty boy-next-door unfness. You make me want to take you home to momma and then have you in the other room while she gets us hot chocolate.

    Please let me know if and when you decide to start a support group. I'm so there.

    ReplyDelete
  23. ''I love you when you say amazing things in your songs, lyrics that make me wish that I was born a Korean citizen so I would be living in South Korea and I could stalk you and obsess over you properly, rather than doing it from half a world away.''


    OMG! thats exactly what runs through my mind EVERYDAY! Gosh koreans i just so fricken lucky.... =.=

    ReplyDelete
  24. FUCK YOU HATERS (:4/23/2010 6:51 PM

    Like the letter xD

    ReplyDelete