11.07.2010

One Way Project Is Complete!

I kind of channeled Martha Stewart on this project, but the results were amazing so I could really careless if an "Anonymous" person starts commenting about how it's lame.

Anyway, I posted a few weeks ago that I wanted to do this and not many people responded with an interest to help out. I even said on Twitter that if anyone donated, I would list your name and Twitter name so the boys would know it was from you as well. Major, major, major, MAJOR thanks to @QueenNeesee for going half with me on shipping! You're awesome!

A more detailed explanation on how to do this process can be found here, so if you'd like to do it for yourself or for the upcoming holiday season, definitely check it out. It's relatively simple, just time consuming.

I started off with a metal tin purchased from Michael's (or any craft store).

Photobucket

Then I lightly sanded it with some sandpaper. If you're using a cookie tin that has decorations on it, you have to sand the crap out of it. But since this was just plain old metal, I only had to do it enough to take the "shine" off.

Photobucket

Then I painted it black.

Photobucket

On white cardstock, I printed out a one way street sign, measured it to fit the lid, and glued it using Mod Podge, then covered the whole tin in the Mod Podge to seal the paint and to prevent it from chipping (and it makes it look all nice and shiney).

Photobucket

As for the cookies ... that was actually the hard part. I had it mind to make these awesome vegan chocolate chip cookies for Young Sky. I tracked down the vegan butter substitute (hard to find) and bought some non-dairy chocolate chips (if you're wondering, Ghiradelli makes non-dairy chocolate chips, so those are vegan). But then I messed up and grabbed the wrong egg "substitute." I thought it was what I needed, but I didn't see the words "egg product" on the carton until I had already poured in one egg. Fantastic.

I'm not stupid, though. In my defense those letters were really tiny.

End result, I still have some pretty awesome chocolate chip cookies made with soy butter. And you can't even taste the difference.

So I put Sky's cookies on hold and made Chance and Peter's chocolate sugar cookies, sandwiched together with melted Cadbury chocolate in the middle. Even with the chocolate overload, those are easily in the top ten best things I've ever tasted.

Photobucket

Saturday morning, I had to get up early and do a take two on Sky's cookies and mail these babies out before the post office closed. Went to the grocery store, got the right kind of egg substitute I needed, drove home, got two blocks away before realizing ... I forgot the chocolate chips.

Which is why Sky will be receiving vegan sugar cookies rolled in cinnamon and sugar. And they're yummy (I had to try one, because what if it was bad and I sent it out?). I put all the cookies in ziploc bags to keep them fresh.

Photobucket

And then the final project, with cookies inside:

Photobucket

I included a note to One Way as well, telling them that even though we have sent gifts to other idols before, that nothing handmade/painted has come from myself and my blog readers. I even wrote (the 2PM boxers were a big hit). So imagine if Chance gets to talk with Junsu about these awesome cookies a fan sent (what if Junsu eats one?!) and hey, she also gave him some boxers before? What's that about?

I think I'm on my way to becoming a K-Pop male idol household name. Hey, as long as they love me and don't fear me, I'm good.

Once again, thanks to @QueenNeesee for helping out! And to Chance, Peter, and Young Sky, if you are reading this (because I wrote the blog URL on the letter), thanks for being amazing and for giving me an excuse to channel Martha Stewart!

TKPA

7 comments:

  1. Wow! How did I miss this project?! >_< I could of helped *SMH @ self*
    anyway, awesome job! Pat urselfs on the back =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, I tweeted about it and wrote a short little post about it too! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohmg yay!!! I'm glad its done :) Good work TKPA!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic!
    Wish I could have helped *grumble-empty-college-kid-wallet-grumble*
    I'm sure they'll love them! So much thought went into those, you really are Ms. Crafty, aren't you? You'll have to share directions on the chocolate filled sugar cookies! Sounds amazing!

    (This seems like a how-to blog post, but I don't mind! I love the idea! May I borrow?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They look awesome!! Sounds yummy wish I could try some now,nom-nom-nom!! Lol I wish one of them would mention something about the boxers! =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! I wanna cookie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lol that looks awesome. I really wish I could have helped out :) - It would be totally epic if you became a Kpop male idol household name.

    Crap this makes me wish some sort of boxer throwing thing was set up for JYJ's concert in New York. We've got to get your blog out there for all of kpop's heavenly manliness to read (Nichkhun, Taec, Xander, Kevin, OneWay, Henry, TeenTop, BigBang?...etc. work as Translators).

    ReplyDelete