9.23.2010

Happy Blogiversary!

The blog is one year old today! Isn't that exciting? I know you're thrilled, who the hell wouldn't be? This is quite the long post, and even though I'm sick and feeling like garbage today and should be in bed sleeping this off, I just had to get on here and write this for you all.

First thing's first ...

Back in April, I created a list of goals that I wanted to achieve by this date. Only two goals were met (I suck).
1. 6,000 followers on Twitter did not happen. Five months ago I had a little over 2,000 followers, and now I have barely over 3,000. It took me seven months to gain 2,000, and only five months to gain 1,000 more. That's an accomplishment, so even though my goal wasn't met, I accomplished something.

2. 2,000 posts ... PSH! I knew from the get-go this ambitious goal was going to fail, and it did. Standing count (including this post) is 566.

3. However, I did have an idol tweet to me. Peter finally put aside his hatred for me and responded. (Kidding, he doesn't really hate me). You can relive that moment by clicking this link.

4. But no idol has tweeted to me about the blog yet. Partly my fault, because I haven't sent any of them links. BUT, they do know I exist. And that's the important part.

5. And 2PM received some lovely TKPA boxers with the site URL on them. You can relive that moment by clicking this link and then watching the video of Chansung holding Junho's boxers. Simply amazing!
I want to take moment to get all sentimental and thank all of you.

When I started this blog, it was because I was bored and had a lot of free time on my hands. I know it sounds cliche to say I never expected anyone to read it or for it to become as big as it has, but it's the truth. I truly never thought this blog would gain such a following, that I would become friends with people from all over the world. I never expected to have such an influence and such support.

We have done a lot of things together. T.O.P's birthday trending topic was a success. G-Dragon's solo concert trending topic was a success. Throwing boxers to 2PM was a success. Helping out for Super Junior's 4jib album was a success. Giving BIGBANG anniversary gifts was a major success. And most recently sending the petition to SBS was a success. Although we don't know the results of that, and I am not sure what the future brings with that situation, the fact that all fans from all fandoms put aside their biases for two minutes to spread the word and at least try to change the situation at hand, speaks volumes. The entire K-Pop fandom is one big family. Although we might not all get along nor support each other all the time, when it truly counts and matters, we're there for one another.

I have met some really awesome people over the past year, people I have connected with and became very good friends with. Of course, I've met a lot of people who have also disliked me, but I still want to thank them for at least coming onto the blog to read it before deciding they didn't like me.

So here is a little list of people that stick out in my brain among others. Remember, I love every single person who follows me on Twitter, comes onto the blog, reads the blog, leaves comments, email me, etc ... You're all so important to me and I greatly appreciate all of the love and support you give me. Just there are some people who have been there from the very beginning, and I need to give them the proper credit they deserve.

The K-Pop Junkie (@koreanpopjunkie), you've been MIA from the blog and my life because we've both been so busy. But you're the greatest friend I could ever ask for and I miss you a lot. We need to fix this current situation, so if you see me calling you, answer the phone! :)

CJ (@cjcdae), you and I quickly became friends and not only talked about K-Pop, but our "real life" situations as well. You really did help me a lot with an issue I had been dealing with, accepting me into the club. You have absolutely no idea what your friendship means to me and I will be forever grateful to you for all the things you've done for me. There is a reason you're my #1 Personal Blogstalker. I really have no idea what this blog would be like without your perversion influencing mine.

Mas (@Bunniness), you are the first person who ever contacted me on MSN messenger, I remember. And you're also one of the very first people to comment on everything that I posted. I miss talking to you and I hope everything is well in your life.

Jenny (@jennykoi_) Thank you for all of the emails and support you've given me over the past year. You are such a sweet, caring person, and I promise you when I come to the Philippines, I will be crashing at your place and I can annoy you in real life rather than through the internet.

Arick (@F2Arick) Not many guys would support their girlfriends in writing dirty about other men, but you always tell me you're so proud at everything I do on this blog and you encourage me to write more. I don't have to tell you here what you mean to me, because I tell you that every day. But thank you for never making me feel ashamed for writing this or getting too upset when I cross that line.

And a big thank you to: Asian Pop Addict, TwELFs, BBVIPForum, 21BANGS, Displaced Korean, K-Pop the World, SeoulROKs, ELOSOUL, fangirltainment, AA-CHAN, Music4urSoul, and many, many others who have helped me in some way, shape, or form in the past year.

Of course, thank you again for everyone who has read the blog, left comments, followed me on Twitter, emailed me, and shared your lives with me. I truly appreciate everything you have done for me and I hope that you let me repay you by entering the blog's contest for a $50 gift certificate to YesAsia. (Click here! The deadline is October 2nd!)

Now for the two big announcements I have had in store for a little while for you all ...

I know a while ago I created a little shop on Zazzle so you could buy shirts or whatever. Well, they contacted me saying I couldn't use peoples' names without copyrighted permission, so they deleted everything. I just reopened another store with Spreadshirt, and I thought I would share some of the designs with you:

Photobucket
"No Free Ride for Jay"

Photobucket
"Fair Trade Off"

Photobucket
"Piano Keys"

Photobucket
"Banana Trail"

You can check out all of the designs by going to

And now for the second announcement ...

You know how I have been hinting to my Filipino followers that I would be coming to them soon? Well, I am ... in the form of a magazine.

An upcoming magazine (published by Summit Media) will be featuring a one-shot special on everything K-Pop from the top idols, to the lifestyle, to the top blogs to read, and yours truly was interviewed for it. It should be released in mid-November, so only two more months!

Be sure to pick up a copy when it comes out!

I love all of you and from the bottom of my heart, I thank you for everything we have experienced, good and bad, throughout the past year. Here's hoping to many more years together!

Thank you!

xox

The K-Pop Addict

29 comments:

  1. Awww love congrats! 09-10 were interesting for the both of us with our start ups and what not but very proud of all that you've achieved. Here's to many more dirty, naughty, hysterical post! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!!! You have been there for me in so many ways: chatting, laughing, crying, blogging! My life would truly SUCK with out you! You will FOREVER be my "Fearless Leader!"
    Your #1 Blog Stalker (FOR LIFE)
    cj

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gah get a room you two... nah I'm kidding, it's cute. Congratulations on your blog anniversary, I'm a pretty new follower, but already I love it! Now, write that blog on Heechuls eyebrows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm a new(ish) reader, and, even though I haven't been here from the beginning, I wanted to congratulate you on your awesome achievement. This blog brings fangirl fantasies to life, and also provides endless laughter. So I just wanted to say thanks, for making me feel a little less weird about all my dirty, dirty, filthy fantasies. Now I know I'm not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  5. thats sooooo cool!!! Great job TKPA and if it wasnt for your amazing blog, I would never think about King Of Foreplay and his Royal Scepter in Latin class xD

    ReplyDelete
  6. awww Congratulations TKPA on one year of everything crazy :))
    wish you even more inspiration to continue the perversion and the love <3
    you are amazing! and im so glad i came across your blog that day was a blessing
    I LOVE YOU ^^<3

    ReplyDelete
  7. PS i am sooo getting a shirt. and a copy of that mag..i wish they'd do a whole article on you ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on making this year an unforgettable one, you really have made it that much better with your crazy blog entries (which I really love) , Thank you so much for everything and I wish you the best of luck for things in the future ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. aww I'm mentioned by our Fearless leader!
    I miss talking to you too, TKPA!

    ..and life is wayyyy more interesting when I have time to be here commenting on the blog >___<

    DNW MY JOB BEING IN THE WAY~
    BOOOOO~

    I'll try to be here more and keep up with the mindblowing posts!

    TKPA FTW <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy 1st Anni! I have to say that haven't read all of ur blogs(sad but true) but the ones that I did I've enjoyed them. I may not agree with some but I still value ur opinion/point of view.
    *patting u on ur back*
    Job well done...keep it up!
    I promise i will try to read more of ur blogs =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy 1st!!
    You really are a blast and have provided much needed humor and candor concerning our lovely idols, haha.
    I'm honored that you mentioned me and I hope you blog for many years to come!
    And I am so buying some of those shirts lol. The banana one is great!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on your 1st anniversary.. I hope there will be many more to come and I will be here w/ you to celebrate them all... And thank you for awesome terms such as Master GD (I use this one.. ALOT LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats TKPA on your first anniversary :D may there be many more, and many, many more insane random lovely posts to come <3 and i'm going to agree with KSWildCat1 and say - thank you so much for the ridiculous nicknames to use xD they're just too perfect xDDD

    saranghe <33

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congratulations! I hope you have a couple more years in you, because I love reading your blog! :) Your posts are hilarious and I can say I wouldn't be as obsessed with K-Pop as I am now if it weren't for you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hey Chicka!

    Congrats on on the anni! I'm seriously glad that we've met and it's definitely been more then a blast talking/getting to know you/doing events and what not with you ^^;;

    I'm totally flattered by the shout out and girl, only big things from her!

    Much love!<3 - M.

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL typo "only big things from here*"

    ReplyDelete
  17. Happy blogversary! (did you coin that word, or is a legit word in the blogging universe? I love it!)
    You deserve all the amazing things that have happened for you!
    And major congrats about the magazines and the best kpop blog award! You're a freakin' rock-star!
    I'm proud to say that I'm a dedicated reader and follower on twitter (though I often fail at commenting)
    Stay awesome!
    I wish you the best of everything, always!

    ReplyDelete
  18. which Philippine MAG????

    OMG I WILL BUY <3

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm glad I stumbled upon your blog. I'm always excited whenever I see a new post. Your wit and humor makes me chuckle. Congratulations on accomplishing so much in just one year.

    ReplyDelete
  20. HAPPY BLOGIVERSARY TKPA!!!
    Thank you for coming into my life and adding more perversion to it. It's greatly appreciated!

    And someone is going to buy that magazine and scan the article you're featured in so we can all read it right??? Cuz that is freaking awesome!!!!

    Oh and those shirts are AMAZING and I have such a hoodie-fetish, I will definitely be getting one as soon as I possibly can!!!


    Congrats on all you have managed to accomplish and I look forward to reading many more sex-driven blogs in the future! <3

    ReplyDelete
  21. awwwwww~~~ it has been an awesome year for you & the blog because a lot of amazing things has happened. ^_^ i can honestly say that my spazzing & Kpopping has upgraded to a whole new level after i found your blog.

    many people have come & gone but you're still the Fearless Leader of the KMW Mafia! ^_^

    i love you TKPA! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  22. Happy 1st anniversary and may I say, I wish I knew your blog was so good, I hope you would like to exchange links together! ^^ My blog turned 1 in July so it's a two month difference but never mind, I am trying to put my point across to about K-Pop.

    Wow, you have more followers then me, I'm Its_NyNy on Twitter and I follow you! ^^ Hope you follow me!

    And 2000 posts! WOAH, that's amazing :D

    ReplyDelete
  23. Happy Blogiversary! Sorry for lurking here so long but never commenting, i'm a little shy especially when i'm reading about such dirty dirty things about my favourite people in the world. But i'm really happy that i found your blog with your awesome humor! I feel so happy whenever i see there's a new post :D

    Congratulations again, hope that your blog will achieve even more in the future!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I am so happy for you, TKPA! I may not remember where I caught sight of your blog, but all this mind can retain is that, your blog immediately sucked me in. You really do have a talent in writing perversions, and we all love you for that.

    Happy Blogiversary!

    ReplyDelete
  25. K-Pop Junkie9/27/2010 10:53 AM

    OMG your going to in a magazine!! You should have called me!!! So exciting!!! I agree about us not calling so call me uppppp I texted you the other day. lol

    <3 yay for one year! I may not comment all the time or write stuff but I always read it and support you :) Miss you!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. whoa o.o happy anniversary! i've been stalking your blog like a silent ninja all summer long. i have to say, you made my fridays even better. i feel bad that i never commented, but i felt like i needed to congratulate you on your blog's anniversary. :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Dear TKPA

    I know that this is EXTREMELY late. However, on behalf of TwELFs, I'd like to tell you that the honor is ours. Thank you so much for all the things you have done for us. It's been one hell of a fun year being in this fandom with you. We'll always be your friends.

    <333

    ReplyDelete
  28. We аre a gaggle of vοlunteers anԁ oρening a new scheme in оur community.
    Your web ѕite proνided us with valuable info to woгk on.
    You have donе an imprеssive prοсess anԁ our entіre communіty will
    lіkely be grаtеful to you.


    My web page; InternetRead

    ReplyDelete