5.02.2011

Over 100 Reasons Why You Need to Switch to Comcast

Just received this in an email. Are you Comcast customers happy about this or what?!


Comcast Recognizes Asian Pacific American Heritage Month with an On Demand Video Jukebox of More Than 100 “K-Pop” Hits from South Korea’s Top Young Music Stars

This May, to further recognize Asian Pacific American Heritage Month, Comcast is providing its customers with On Demand access to its biggest ever bounty of the hits from the biggest names in Korean pop music. Comcast’s second annual salute to Asian Pacific American culture and the genre known as K-Pop will feature more than 100 music videos from 38 top artists. 2NE1, Big Bang, Girls’ Generation, Kara, Se7en, SHINee and the Wonder Girls are just a few of the K-Pop superstars whose latest and greatest videos will be available On Demand to Comcast’s nearly 20 million Digital cable homes under Top Picks > Asian Entertainment > Music.

A trend that has been steadily building since the early 2000s, K-Pop is similar to American pop music, with accents of R&B, dance, hip hop, electronica, and even the bubblegum genre. This fusion of music styles along with incredibly stylish videos, has brought K-Pop massive popularity in the U.S. These young stars have become a cult favorite amongst millions which makes it easy to see why American K-Pop fans started an email campaign to get South Korea’s hottest 4-member girl group, 2NE1 on Ellen DeGeneres’ show and why another favorite, Wonder Girls were the opening act on the Jonas Brothers’ 2009 tour.

Since it debuted one year ago, Comcast On Demand’s K-Pop line-up has provided music fans with an updated parade of the latest and greatest hits from Korea’s most popular young artists. The expanded May line-up will include hit makers like Girls’ Generation (“Gee” and “Run Devil Run”), Se7en (“Better” and “I’m Going Crazy”), Kara (“Wanna,” “Pretty Girl” and “Lupin”), Big Bang (nine hits including “Number One” and “Always”) and 2NE1 (nine videos including “Fire” and “Don’t Stop”). Also included in the K-Pop wave are stars like Park Bom, GD & TOP, Seungri, Taeyang, miss A, IU, Super Junior, Secret and Mighty Mouth. Each of these high-energy videos features incredible talents and since each offering is On Demand, viewers can use their remote control to pause, rewind, or fast forward to perfect their lip synching, 24/7.

A very big thank you to Jacky Agudelo from Cataldi Public Relations for emailing me this press release to share with you all!

TKPA

9 comments:

  1. So I am now watching 2PM Without U because I flipped out when I found all of these kpop videos~
    If you hadn't posted this.... I never would've known! I don't use the OnDemand... like ever..... O_O
    So yeah... when I actually found it I started running around my house screaming. XXD

    ReplyDelete
  2. I work for comcast, and we actually started this last year for Asian Pacific American Heritage month. There was a small selection of Kpop available, it had a good response, so about 6 months ago, it got a regular spot. ON the 5th or 6th of every month, they shuffle out the videos there, so you can always get a big screen-hd-kpop fix. I have to have me friends hold me back so I don't hump the tv.

    Also, I have heard whispers of an MNet America channel coming around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now watching KPOP MVs on my tv thanks for the information!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Comcast is going to love you for the free advertising, lol!

    PS- If they hadn't mentioned Super Junior, the pop culture icons of South Korea, that would have been lame...

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Beki
    I would've too, except I have Rogers </3

    ReplyDelete
  6. I spent an hour trying to find an artist that was featured during the "commercial" portion in the onDemand menu. Who are those guys in the club who are saying "hahahahaha, lalalalala..."? Please tell me as I went through a ton of the videos on kpop after I saw this and never found them. Though I did find Psy...

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Anonymous,

    That would be GD & TOP with "High High." I also wrote a post about that video in January.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was it! Awesome, thank you! Where's the best place to buy this stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  9. No more kpop on demand. Why did it suddenly stop?

    ReplyDelete