5.18.2011

Happy Birthday to the Sexiest Man in South Korea

One of my all-time favorite idols/artists turned 23 (24) today. And although he only has like half an hour left of May 18th in Korea, it's bright and early where I'm at so the celebration of this beautiful man gracing us with his constant sex appeal, seemingly neverending Michael Jackson choreography (looking at you APOPA!), gorgeous voice, and the most adorable freaking Engrish I've ever heard, is continuing on and on 'til the break of dawn (I got a mic and a I just can't leave it alone) .... sorry, couldn't resist!

I know why they call him "Taeyang" or "Sol." It's because when he takes off his shirt, his glorious abs emit a ray of light so bright and powerful that people mistake it as the sun's solar energy. That's the reason, and I'm sticking to it.

Taeyang posted a video on his YouTube Channel this morning, and he's so freaking cute and adorable that I wanted to reach through my computer screen and snatch him up and just squeeze him until he started turning blue from lack of oxygen.


I love how for majority of the video, he's just wandering around aimlessly, leaning on a graffiti wall. Then he starts a one-man flash mob on some stairs. Then he almost kicks the camera. Then he continues to walk around in the same places and does some spins, which I know he meant to make himself look cool, but all it does is make it look like he's lost and he's trying to remember how to get back to the hotel by looking around for familiar landmarks.

And I especially love how it's windy, and the trees are moving in the background, and you can hear the wind on the camera's microphone ... yet there's so much product in that faux hawk that it doesn't move a milimeter. I now fully appreciate how much time must go into making it hard as a rock. (Maybe that's the inspiration of Pride Rock in the background of the  "I'll Be There" video. It was a tribute to the faux hawk).

Now this was just released, and I have so many comments about this video, I need to just break it down.


1. When the video first starts, Taeyang is "dancing." Not so much dancing, as grinding the air. Perhaps warming up for the big event? (I KNOW HE HAS A GIRLFRIEND STASHED AWAY SOMEWHERE, I JUST KNOW HE DOES).

2. Sunglasses indoors, Taeyang? In a dimly lit room? Really? I know, I know. Your future's so bright, you gotta wear shades.

3. The camera pans to the birthday cake .... LOOK! TAEYANG IS FINALLY TALLER THAN SOMEONE! Honestly, what a mean joke the person who designed the cake played. How dare you make fun of Tae-Tae's height. Only I'm allowed to do that.

4. GD obnoxiously screaming in the background was his way of stealing some of my attention off of Taeyang and his birthday. He was getting jealous.

5. Speaking of GD, shouldn't he give the hat styled like a birthday cake to one of the birthday boys? You truly are an attention whore, and I love you for it.


Happy birthday, Taeyang! :)

TKPA

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, 1988. I said he turned 23 (24), meaning to me (in America & other parts of the world) he's 23, but his Korean age is 24.

    ReplyDelete
  3. terminal_plague5/18/2011 10:51 PM

    GD's birthday cake hat seriously distracted me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was busy trying to find TOP -at least I heard his 'saengil chukha hae!' at the end x)-

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only Taeyang could act that dorky and still look hot *swoon*

    And, never really bothered to comment before, but, glad to have you back dear :) I've missed your pervertedness ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. kya!! he's such a dork love him XD GD is an attention seeking whore, but a hot/sexy one lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. i agree with everything that is listed on this post. :)) happy belated birthday Taeyang~! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOLOLOL x)
    I can't stop laughing at that cake hat.
    :D

    ReplyDelete