2.16.2011

Break Out the Handcuffs

So Dalmatian has released their new MV for "Lover Cop" and in my opinion, it is a major step up from their debut MV for "Round 1." Concept wise, at least. I'm not left feeling confused and mindraped over the fact that grown men are wearing suits with dalmatian print on them. That's just wrong on so many levels. But they could be forgiven since they were newbies and all and they clearly did not know any better.

My absolute favorite part of the whole MV is during one of the choreographed scenes when Dari is lifted onto the shoulders of the back-up dancers (1:57-2:02).

Photobucket

I died a little on the inside seeing how perfect and flawlessly they executed that, like it was a bunch of Korean men that became Transformers and turned into this giant robot. (I'm sick, maybe I won't feel this way later). Absolutely flawless, Dalmatian.

And maybe we can also attribute the fact that I am sick to this next little blurb I'm about to ramble on about and point out to you.

Photobucket

Doesn't Day Day, with his eyes closed and that stoic expression kind of remind you of T.O.P? And when he pops open his eyes and arches that eyebrow, doesn't it remind you even more of him? Or am I so sick and deluded and missing BIGBANG am I thinking that every Asian man resembles them? (Remember when I thought Micky looked like GD?)

Style wise, most of these boys were perfection from beginning to end. However, no post is complete without some negativity, right? I mean, life can't always be sunshine and rainbows. Occasionally you have to have a hurricane to screw things up a bit.

Photobucket

I don't know why Youngwon's hair is smurf blue. I don't really know what was going on in his head or those stylists' heads when they decided to do this, that this would look good. I'm a fan of hair colors ranging on the "natural" spectrum of things, and this to me just screams Gwen Stefani. And I really don't know about you, but when I look at a guy I don't want to be reminded of a woman. Since it's just hair, you're forgiven for this. Please just dye it any shade of color that you'd find in nature and not from a cartoon from the 80's.

And my favorite Dari ... oh, sweetie. I saved you last for a reason. What you did throughout the MV is horrendous. No one looks good with a hat that looks like it has pieces of a broken mirror and soda can tabs glued to it, okay? No one. Not even Inati with that perfect, angular face of his.

But that I can overlook because hats can always be burned or buried in the backyard, out of sight forever so when you ask me if I've seen your hat I can honestly tell you I haven't because I buried it in the earth where all dead things belong, and if it's underground I can't see it.

There is one thing I won't overlook because we need to stop this before it becomes a trend and more idols do this ...

What on earth is with the cat eye eyeliner? ON THE ONE FREAKING EYE?!

Photobucket

No, this needs to stop right now. You are not Angelina Jolie. You are not Amy Winehouse. Is that who you want to be associated with? A crackhead and a chick that kissed her brother? THIS SHOULD NEVER HAPPEN, DARI. WASH THAT CRAP OFF YOUR FACE AND DON'T PUT IT BACK.

I get guyliner, okay? Tons of the guy idols use it and they look good. If you must insist on using it, follow the footsteps of Taeyang and T.O.P, Dari. They use it the right way and do you see them channeling a crackhead and a lady obsessed with adopting babies? NO, YOU DON'T!

Let's just stop it before it becomes a habit, okay? Please. It's bad enough that it's the trend to wear outfits full of leopard print of various colors and eye make-up that looks like you watched a cheap prostitute's make-up tutorial on YouTube, but can we not add the cat eye eyeliner to that list?

TKPA

Check out Dalmatian's new MV below:

10 comments:

  1. Holy crap, Day does look like TOP there... I still prefer TOP, but that's impressive. XD

    I think I wouldn't mind the blue hair if it weren't so... fluffy styled. Reminds me of cotton candy here.

    Have you seen their other MV, "That Man Opposed"? It's really cute: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvDMTkSKcX0

    [Also, when you have time, you should talk about Infinite and Teen Top, if you're interested in them... *cough* because I'm interested in them...^^]

    ReplyDelete
  2. i never paid much attention to Dalmation after their first mv round 1 practically killed me with a dead non-climax and how their song was so happy rather than ghetto (was i the only one who thought it would be full of rape and amazing beats?!) but then i saw this and was like "ok... ok i do this." [:

    However, i find the cat eyeliner sort of cute on Dari ^^ but seriously, it all depends on who is going to do this because if it becomes a trendddddd >_> oh damn you got bitching to do! :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. he really does kinda look like TOP haha :D

    and about the blue hair.. my first thought in seeing that was thing 1 and thing 2 from the cat in the hat lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahaha we all miss big bang!.. but you're so damn right, that was TOP!!! xD

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't get over Youngwon's hair. You were my favorite Youngwon! Why why why *cries*

    ReplyDelete
  6. LMFAO I love this, but i ain't loving Youngwon's hair and the guyliner on Dari D:
    Dari, I love you, but this is horrifying.

    ReplyDelete
  7. they're preeeeeeeeeeetty. and that song is catchy. Day does look like TOP in that opening, fasure, but when it came to his rap section i was completely underwhelmed, especially since i was comparing him to TOP in my mind.

    but seriously, i can't take that shirt with the button things all over it - because it just makes me think of this: http://www.meredy.com/yulbrynner/yulindex03.jpg
    and... well. fankly, it seems like a bit of an insult to Yul. more than a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i think That Man Opposed mv is better than lover cop but maybe i just swoon for the cutesy concept. Daniel is amaazing! And believe it or not i think the blue is starting to grow on me :S

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't stand the blue hair either! He needs to get rid of it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I do have to say that Youngwon's hair is a little ridiculous BUT! I have to come to like him and his hair through their performances.

    When he does his little part in "The Man Opposed," he is like the cutest thing ever. And not cute like a smurf. I hate smurfs.

    :D

    ReplyDelete