2.20.2011

BIGBANG, Stop Before it is Too Late

I'm going to use my newfound knowledge of actually being somewhat important/relevant in the K-Pop industry to try and plead with YGE and its stylists and BIGBANG to stop making some mistakes. I know the boys are going to debut in America and they're working toward that goal, but now it's serious. They can't come here looking like this or else they will get torn to shreds.

Photobucket

Can we please stop with this disaster print that looks like you've snuck onto a Native American reservation and stole some quilts line-drying? TVXQ did it and they looked awful and ridiculous. There's no need to put a whole outfit of that on Taeyang. I will admit, the hoodie with the fur-lined hood on Daesung looks really good, because it isn't overkill. It isn't too much for my eyes to handle.

The same goes for the pants that are on T.O.P. It looks sloppy and that man never looks sloppy. I get the impression by looking at his entire outfit, that he reeks of marijuana and does nothing but lounge around in a damn bean bag chair all day playing video games. What happened to the sexy, mysterious, smoldering T.O.P we have all come to know and love? I want that guy back, not the guy that looks like he's going no where with his life. I want my sleek and sophisticated T.O.P back. The leather jacket is way too big; if you can barely see his hands, you know it doesn't fit.

I'm not feeling the pants on GD, either. I know that is a little more his style, and I think if there was maybe a different shirt underneath his open jacket, I would feel differently about it. I do however absolutely love the wolf ears on the fur hood. Not only does it tie in my whole theft of Native American quilts, but it's so bizarre and off the wall that it shows us the side of GD that we love.

The only two I don't have a problem with are Daesung and Seungri. They're flawless. There is not one thing wrong with how Daesung is styled. His hair looks fantastic, the jacket, the pants, even the red shoes fit together so well. And Seungri is perfect. He could lose the leather gloves, but he can also keep them and it still looks good.

By this picture alone, in my opinion, the only two who are ready to come to America, image wise, would be Seungri and Daesung. GD could maybe get away with it, but T.O.P looks like an 80's stoner and Taeyang just looks ridiculous.

Photobucket

I have slightly less problems with this picture. First of all, T.O.P looks significantly better. This is T.O.P to me. I'm not too crazy about the shirt, but everything goes together and he looks great. The only problem I have with him in this picture has nothing to do with what he's wearing, it's the fact that the stylist should have known that hats with that kind of pattern in the fabric never photograph well. So it looks blurry and distorted and it takes away from him.

Seungri needs to lose the glittery jacket, but other than that he is absolutely flawless. Daesung, again, absolute perfection. And I really wish I could say the same about Tae and GD, but I can't. This is killing me because you all know that I hardly ever pick on Taeyang for what he's wearing, because he always looks so good. I don't know what happened, but the metallic purple leopard jacket is a heinous idea. That needs to be burned immediately.

Maybe just a solid color purple jacket if they wanted to have that outerwear factor and maybe channel Justin Bieber, but it isn't necessary. Especially when he has a neon pink squiggle of leopard print on his chest. Taeyang is manly, sexy, sweet, passionate. That squiggle is anything but masculine. Then when you add the green belt into the mix? I'm not sure if they just took a color wheel and closed their eyes and played eenie-meenie-miney-mo to see what colors to dress him in or what, but it just doesn't go together. Black pants, black shirt, deep purple jacket, purple belt, black shoes. There you go stylists! It wasn't that hard.

Oh my sweet GD. I know this outfit screams you, but I can't deal with this, bb. Not the leather fringe hanging down your back, not the excessive amount of leopard print. Not the way your jacket looks like it is composed of sequins, not the way it sparkles. I don't understand the pink belt at all. I even hate the way your pants are so tight it looks like you're wearing jeggings. THIS NEEDS TO STOP, JI YONG. YOU ARE BETTER THAN THIS.

However ... thank you for going back to blonde, because it has truly made me the happiest little fan girl ever :)

BIGBANG and their stylists, and even Papa YG if you're reading this, you need to work on this image of the boys. It might be perfect for Korea, but it will not work in America. Back off on the leopard print, I really mean it. I know Koreans gravitate toward it like a bear to honey, but men wearing it in America will NOT be received positively.

TKPA

19 comments:

  1. Dear TKPA, this is no other than Hyunseung's revenge! He sent them over B2ST "Bad Girl" evil cow stylists. You know when at the Idol Olympics he was all smiles with Seungri? Well that was what he was plotting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. terminal_plague2/20/2011 1:09 PM

    They better listen to you or fail, big time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've mentioned how much i love you, right??

    Cracked up so hard reading this! Lol

    I have to agree though, if they wanna make it in America they need to be careful with the crazy styling.

    Oh and GD's blonde hair making a comeback made me orgasm 3038593058402+ times. SO HAPPY.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha I just wrote on my blog yesterday about how I loooove this concept! I then realized that my interest in colors and patterns had limited me to looking at the background only. HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE? Am I getting immune to sexy Asians? I do kind of agree about the clothes though, when you put it in the context of expanding to America.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Koreans are obsessed with Jeremy Scott right now... so while ugly... its fashionable. It is a tad overkill but I'm not sure it means doom for their US debut.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LMAO you are so awesome! I can't help but to kinda agree with you. Also I'm annoyed at how Taeyang is always hiding his pretty face from us. Why is he always either wearing big shades, covering his face with his arm, or turning his head to the side? I find that really aggravating.

    Oh and Daesung is a DELICIOUS HOT PIECE OF SEX and I haven't been able to get his fine ass out my mind since I saw these pics.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope they listen to you TKPA and listen to you well. DAESUNG IS THE HOTTEST PERFECTION I HAVE SEEN IN A LONG TIME and omggggggggggggggg x.x he melts my brain and makes my ovaries hurt. I am so glad the evil cow stylists didnt pick on him but Top..... why him?! Why G-D!?!?! oh please let them listen to you u.u

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL! You and your rants about the evil stylists always make my day! The leopard print stuff that GTOP are wearing remind me of Shinee. Daesung's sexyness still manages to show through the ugly outfits at least.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my god i have not laughed so hard in such a long time. Im am glad I am not alone when I look at the styling and go "What does he have on? Wh would dress him like that? Was it a joke? Did they dress them in the dark? What? Why". I love the boys but this type of styling just aint gonna cut it in america.

    ReplyDelete
  10. TKPA!! ♥ thnk u so much for make me laugh until my head hurts.. I really agree with u.. I mean.. THEY WAAAY BETTER than that, I just hope some (urgent) changes for the MV!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL WTF.
    I'm sorry Jiyong, but that leopard whatever-the-hell-it-is needs to be burned by the fires of Shisus.
    Now, before it hits the coasts of continental North America.

    ReplyDelete
  12. i really really agree, what are they doing to our beloved sex god? well, he's still hot, but those weird outfits can't be forgiven!! i will kill his stylist!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. U are soooo awesome!!!
    cant stop laughing! but seriously.. ur right... especially about TOP...
    Thy Sex God must not look like a pariah!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's not TOP, that's Mark Ahjussi

    ReplyDelete
  15. I TRULY <3 TKPA

    u r awesome, i know most bigbang fans would just be spazzy about their comeback, but u are totally honest.

    and i know this doesn't have anything to do with this post, but PLEASE REMEMBER SUPER JUNIOR M'S COMEBACK!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for humor us. My biggest disappointment in these pictures is TOP. How can they make him not hot. Thank God he still have his face but other than that nuh-uh. And why do they have to make him look shorter...

    ReplyDelete
  17. so... my issue is that the more i watch GD, the more i lose my ability to discern fashion faux pas... i just kind of go "yeah, ohkay. cow-leopard print jacket. got it. go for it, GD, whatever you want." it helps that its not like 8 sizes too big for him - that blinder hasn't been removed yet.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I totally agree with you. I have always loved and adored Big Bang's style. They are so unique and they got this swagger going on like no one can ever possess. But their new concept has got to stop. I love prints, but their's are too much. They are exaggerated.

    And oh, I missed you, TKPA!

    ReplyDelete
  19. In the first picture, I actually like what GD is wearing. I love the pants and absolutely adore the furry eared jacket.
    When I saw Top I was like WTF! He is the absolute opposite to the smooth operator we know and love. Taeyang's all patterned suit is also too much.
    The leopard print has got to go. definitly agree with you.
    I actually thought Top looked a bit Grandpa-ish in the second photo. I don't know if it's the hat or the cardigan looking thing or a mix of both, but he looks like an ajhussi!
    I am also super glad that GD is blond again. I love it on him.
    Daesung is just flawless in all the photos and RiRi is looking good too.
    Sorry that this comment is so long.
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete