8.05.2011

Boys [in Leather] Over Flowers

I'm really late to the game on this, but since I've recently discovered that Boys Over Flowers is now available to watch on Netflix, I've become addicted. This is why I don't watch Korean dramas. If the music was like kimchi laced crack, the shows are going to be as well.


And I swear if JoonPyo and JanDi don't get together soon I will lose all faith in love.


Just kidding, I'm not that dramatic.


In sort of a Twilight saga, way too drawn out love triangle situation, I am totally against JiHoo and JanDi. Totally against it. Like dude, you see she's totally in love with your boy but yet you still try to wiggle your way into her heart thinking that one day she'll have this big epiphany and realize you're the one she wants to be with. I'm sorry but you're worth way more than to sit around waiting all the time for someone who can't even realize they love you enough to make you their first and only choice.


Okay, that rant is over.


Another thing I really, really hate about the show is that they always leave off right when it gets good. I know all shows do that, but sometimes it's nice to end on a good note and make you feel happy and positive about life, rather than leave you dangling from the top of the Empire State building with just a crappy bungey cord to hold onto. I don't know how many times I've cursed the entire Korean nation because of this stupid show that I can't stop freaking watching because I have to know what happens.


Second rant is over. There is no point to this post, it seems.


BUT WAIT THERE IS!


If JiHoo looked like this:


Photobucket


Rather than this:


Photobucket


Um, JoonPyo who?


THE ENTIRE SHOW WOULD HAVE LASTED ONE EPISODE. NOT EVEN THAT. IT WOULD HAVE LASTED TWENTY MINUTES, JUST LONG ENOUGH FOR HER TO GET INTO THE SCHOOL AND SEE HIM PLAYING THE VIOLIN. ONLY HE WOULDN'T BE PLAYING THE VIOLIN, HE'D BE FIXING HIS MOTORCYCLE. GREASE ALL OVER HIM.


BAM. END OF THE SERIES.


... or they could have just kept going and forced him to do all the scenes shirtless. Like he could literally just stand there, with that stupid song where the only words I can understand are "Almost Paradise" that they play every ten minutes, and he could be in one of those slow motion montages, blinking, licking his lips, scratching his nose. Just be shirtless and wear those "Break Down" leather pants.


I'd watch for that.


TKPA

12 comments:

  1. I. Love. You.

    And I totally agree with everything you just said. And! I find it amusing that we watched this show at the same time via Netflix.
    But I have to admit, I do love me some Jihoo, just not him with Jandi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what?! k-dramas are on netflix???!!! Okay, *maybe* i can forgive them now for their ridiculous price hike.

    can i just say that i totally agree with this post? hot biker Hyun-joong has nothing on curly-headed Jun-pyo.

    HOWEVER, City Hunter Lee Min-ho/Lee Yoon-sung beats all. Trenchcoats and leather over flowers! hellz yeah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love when JiHoo gets angry, because he gets the crazy eyes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha~! I didn't know you liked Kdramas. :3 I never really watched this version of "Boys Over Flowers" though. I prefer the Japanese version ("Hana Yori Dango"). The Taiwanese version ("Meteor Garden") was a bit amusing though.

    This is an interesting post though. I don't know how to view Jihoo in a leather jacket, greasing up his bike!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha
    I love ur point of view(all not just this one)...we might not agree on everything but I can't help but to keep on reading cuz I just gotta know... (did that make any sense?)
    Anyway, keep doing ur thang & I miss seeing u on twitter. Hope things r going well so we can enjoy more of ur Blogs (=

    ReplyDelete
  6. That drama IS addictive.

    And also I annoy people now, when they tell me something good that happened to them, by busting out into "Almost Paradise" (that's the only part I know too...I make up the rest) and "Stand By Me" (same).

    It's a sick, fun game, especially when they know it's coming and beat me to it, while rolling their eyes, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOL I loved that drama
    it's crazy how different the guy looks
    and you're right maybe if he looked the way he looked now the drama would not have happened... :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. hahaha. don't worry your not the only one that's way late on watching that drama :)
    and your right. it IS so addictive.

    i think "Break Down" Hyun Joong actually wouldnt fit into the part as well, as much as i love him. he's too hot and badass, not flower-boy enough.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ugh I have yet to watch this drama. I'm still working on Hana Yori Dango!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Okay so I admit I just started watching this...and I have completely fallen in love with Jun Pyo.. BUT damn...if JiHoo would get a trim and darken up, Jiyong MIGHT, just maybe, have some competition...

    ReplyDelete
  11. But Jiyong will always be my # 1

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love kim jong hyun saranghaeyo oppa

    ReplyDelete