1.05.2011

I Wanna Stand Under Young Sky's Umbrella-ella-ella

It's been music video release after release and I am loving all this fresh meat to gush over! The latest in hopping on the new MV train is One Way with their extremely overdue release of "Rainy Days." But I love them, and you love them, so that's why we waited so long, ever so patiently.

And it was kinda worth it. When I say "kinda," I mean "totally and completely."

I need to be hooked right from the beginning when it comes to watching a new video and Chance did not disappoint. I'm a sucker for a man sitting at a piano, singing his heart out. Flawless is the only way to accurately describe his singing, to describe him in general.

Photobucket

Oh, and really freaking gorgeous. That's another way to describe him.

This might sound a little odd, but I really want to see in black and white. I don't want to see in technicolor anymore, guys. I want to see everything as if it's from a 1950's sitcom. The reason for this is simple: Young Sky makes black and white look amazing. I want that amount of amazing in my life on a daily basis.

Photobucket

Then again, he looks ridiculously good in technicolor, so maybe I will settle for the real life Pleasantville experience. Start off black and white, then after a few make-out sessions in the back of a 1953 Henry J Corsair down by the lake with Sky, we'll be bursting at the seams with color!

Photobucket

Confession: The highlight of any One Way song for me is whenever Young Sky opens his mouth.

Chance, you must be reading this blog. You know I love some Chance-Junsu combo, so I thank you for giving me a nice little dose of the two of you. It is just what I needed to start 2011 off the correct way.

Photobucket

Now I have a few problems with this video. The first one being WHERE THE HELL IS PETER?! WHY IS HE LIKE THE EMO KID IN THE ROOM ALL BY HIMSELF, AWAY FROM THE OTHER KIDS?? WHAT THE HELL, HE ONLY SINGS ONE PART?! ONE FREAKING PART?!

Photobucket

PETER, PETER BABY WHERE WERE YOU? WHY DIDN'T YOU JUST PUSH JUNSU OUT OF THAT CHAIR AND SAY "THIS IS MY GROUP, YOU DOUCHE"?! WHY DIDN'T YOU SCREAM "THIS IS MY CHORUS"?! WHY WERE YOU HIDING FROM ME??

I guess there have been rumors on other blogs (never this one because we don't gossip here!) that our perpetual man-child Peter has gained some weight and that's why he wasn't in the video as much. All I can say to Peter is that if my cookies had anything to do with those alleged pounds, I am so sorry and please accept my effort in making it up to you by letting me be your work-out buddy. I'll meet you in your bedroom.

Photobucket

Another problem I have with the video ... no, with the song ... is that thing that Junsu does. You know what I'm talking about. He does it in every single 2PM song. That riff thing that ends up sounding more like someone is drowning a cat rather than actual singing. I'm sorry, but from 3:30 to 3:50 in "Rainy Days," that was completely unnecessary and it only detracted from the beauty of the song.

Chance's vocals weren't displayed nearly as much as they should have been, what they're capable of, and the same goes for Peter's vocals. I honestly think the song would have been better without Junsu because the three of them combined are ridiculously talented and really don't need to have another artist "featured" on one of their songs.

You can disagree, that's fine.

Check out the video of One Way's new single "Rainy Days" featuring Junsu below!


TKPA

7 comments:

  1. Here, there's an English accoustic version with just the three of them... ^^
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5buh--lB3Oo

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOLz aaaand she's back!

    So I disagree with you about the vocals on the song. Junsu sounds better here than he does in any 2PM song. On the 2PM tracks his ad-libs are always like "uh, I don't know what I'm supposed to sing... i'll just repeat my lines and throw in an "ooh" here and there and make it sound all emo and crap". Here, the ad-libs are full of emotion, they have structure and they actually add to the song, as opposed to being like an awkward-looking cherry on a red velvet cake. I never used to stan Junsu before but he's all of a sudden become much more attractive to me... lol.

    I also think Chance and Peter sound great here, though I will admit they sound much better on the unplugged version where there's less effects and no extra singer. this track is mainly hip-hop, and as a lead single it makes sense to have a high-profile feature on it. those two things mean that we get maybe not-as-amazing vocals, but it's still a helluva awesome song :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. boredandtwitchy1/05/2011 12:19 PM

    Ah, TKPA! Long time reader; first time commenter--you know the deal... I love that your writing up on the hot new MV releases, but I have to ask--no, BEG--that you do something for Lips of Sex's new MV "Cry". That entire video was pretty much an interpretive depiction of what was going on in my undies while watching it...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had wondered where Peter went...
    I love Young Sky's rap, but then again, when don't I? And Junsu can so get the business in this mv. Brother got it going on! He looks hot, he sounds hot, I love him!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. rainy day's is such a good song!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Young Sky makes black and white look amazing. I want that amount of amazing in my life on a daily basis."

    My thoughts exactly. TKPA, you mind reader you. XD

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the song but I prefer the English Acoustic version along with its video that was released a while back.

    ReplyDelete