1.04.2011

The Return of TVXQ ... or HoMin

In the past, TVXQ might not have been my absolute favorite out of all the idol groups, but I do have a sneaky little confession: I've always loved Yunho and Max. They were my favorites.

So it makes me really giddy to see this video with just the two of them. I know there is a lot of mixed feelings still involved with this group and its fandom ... but the heart wants what the heart wants. And mine wants some HoMin. (Please don't start commenting saying I'm awful. I already know that I am, but seeing it in print is a bit of a buzz kill).

I never realized how strong my love for fire was until this video. With prior videos, I've always said that starting the entire thing out with the idols drenched in rain (2PM "Without U," BIGBANG "Tell Me Goodbye") or in the shower (MBLAQ "Y") was the proper way to go and could, honestly, never fail.

Then Yunho pulls out the alley in the industrial park with flames going off everywhere at his command, and I'm hooked.

Photobucket

Fire is the new water.

I'm already hooked because of that, but then Max shows his beautiful face with my all-time-favorite, every-idol-should-have-it-because-it-is-amazing hairstyle and I realize that for the rest of this video, I don't even have a fighting chance. Because Yunho took that whip-slash-rope, made it into a lasso, and pulled me in.

Photobucket

I love this song. I love the beat, I love how catchy it is. I love how the words "keep your head dowwwwwwn" keep repeating over and over and over and OVER again in my head. The video was amazing (and dare I say, a hell of a lot better than JYJ's unfortunately and seriously bad video) and just perfection from beginning to end.

Oh, wait. I lied.

There was one itty, bitty little part that ruined everything. Easily forgivable just not quite forgettable. You know what I'm talking about.

These God awful, ridiculous, heinous, atrocious, eye sore to the extreme suits.

Photobucket

It's like they came to America, snuck onto a Native American reservation and stole all the quilts that the blind, elderly women of the tribe spent their entire life weaving, and they have the gnarled, arthritis fingers to prove it, and made those quilts into suits.

Shame on you, HoMin. For stealing the blind Native American ladies' quilts and for having bad fashion sense to think that those suits actually look good.

Shame on you, Yunho, for skinning a fox and wrapping its fur around your shoulders and thinking that it would improve the look of this disaster in fabric.

Photobucket

Shame on you, Max for going along with it and not speaking up. I can see the pain in your eyes because it matches the pain in mine. Literal eye pain.

Photobucket

I'll end this on a good note .... to present to you the sexiest moment of this video (well, one of them, anyway):

Photobucket

And then the most hilarious moment of this video:

Photobucket

Check out the new MV from TVXQ "Keep Your Head Down" below!



TKPA

16 comments:

  1. I was playing the MV on mute and looked up when Yunho was doing that dance in the last pic (brown suit). I was like "WTF", then laughed out load and repeated that section over and over. I love the MV as a whole but that scene still sticks out to me. Who the hell thought to put that dance move in there.

    Oh and I totally agree Changmin's hairstyle was hot. Its similar to the hairstyles that a few of the members of SS501 had in their Love Ya MV. I loved it on them and it looks good on Changmin too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The song still needs to grow on me but the video is hot well besides that shitty quilted suits. Changmin (my bias) is looking FINE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My favorite parts were the choreography and the end where Changmin hits that note and they high-five each other. I was very impressed with the mv and only hope that they hit the same notes during live perfs. Yunho, why so hot bb?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, those suits were the strangest thing ever. Oh wait, this is kpop, those suits are almost normal then.

    ReplyDelete
  5. After watching the MV for HoMin, I was like: "What just happened? o.O" Unlike many girls who got super excited, it still feels so unreal to me how things are within my bias fandom. So, like Asianpop Addict said, it still needs to grow a bit more on me too. And also like she said, Changmin is still looking good. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. the video was really amazing!! I liked it a lot and but the suits.... they made me pause because suddenly the sexyness of it all went down. But i do totally agree with the fire, seriously the new water!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am soooooooo proud of them!!!!!!!!!! Who cares if it's just the two of them??!! They did an awesome job and have obviously worked hard. I love My Yunho and baby Max(not such a baby anymore though huh?)! TVXQ 화이팅!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love this song & MV sfm!!
    YUNHO is so UNF for me in this MV.
    gotta agree w/ u, i don't like those weird pattern designs w/ fur on them. i was laughing every time that scene appear XD

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG! we must have collective consciousness or something! EVERYTHING YOU WROTE WAS EXACTLY WHAT WAS GOING ON IN MY MIND! from the good to the bad! those brown costumes where hideous YES! and the shake u booty dance was ridiculously funny!

    but really, my mouth was like hanging open for like the 1st miute of the video! awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  10. so love your witty comments. been waiting for your comment since i read your review of JYJ's Ayyy girl.

    you totally nailed it!

    and i do agree with you why did they use native american like clothes almost totally ruined the MV

    ReplyDelete
  11. Im just glad they came back! they look good, they sound good, lol at the native american suits joke!
    the JYJ thing is true. I mean JYJ could have done a bit better if they had prepared for their US debut. Overall i loved the song and the vid, the teaser alone got me very excited for this ^^

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have not seen this MV despite the consistent persuasion by my BFF.
    All it takes is a screencap or two, TKPA, brb while I cruise on YT to take in the beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  13. "Shame on you, HoMin. For stealing the blind Native American ladies' quilts and for having bad fashion sense to think that those suits actually look good."

    LMAO TKPA I LOVE YOU.

    "Shame on you, Yunho, for skinning a fox and wrapping its fur around your shoulders and thinking that it would improve the look of this disaster in fabric."

    AGAIN, reading my thoughts.


    And the sexiest and funniest moments in the video for me are the same as the ones you chose.

    But I do love the song and the video other than those awesomely awful parts you pointed out lol

    ReplyDelete
  14. Right?! The fire was fucking cool!
    And then when Yunho and his fire joins with Changmin and his light I was like oh.... that must be a metaphor for an orgasm. Because thats what this MV inspired. Orgasms.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well I dunno the English translation for this song but it's clearly about two sex gods that are planning world domination. What else could it be about? LOL

    And because of this vid I have a serious obsession with Yunho now. OMG for like a week I couldn't get his face outta my head, it just kept popping up outta nowhere. That man is PURE PERFECTION in every single way!

    And I agree with what Displaced Korean said LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I always say that Jaejoong is my fave DBSK member. I was just denying my attraction towards U-Know

    Those goddamned long legs of his, when they dance, took my mind and soul to places........ -___-

    ReplyDelete