2.22.2012

I'm Definitely Not Singing the Blues

They're baaaaaaack!!


Aren't you all totally excited for the long awaited comeback of the one and only, gloriously sexy and amazingly talented, BIGBANG


EXCITED DOES NOT EVEN BEGIN TO EMPHASIZE WHAT I AM FEELING AND HOW I FELT AFTER WATCHING THEIR NEW VIDEO.


I will admit, like majority of you ... I was put off and somewhat angry at their "concept," or whatever the hell that emo-mess is that G-Dragon is calling hair (totally different subject matter that I will get to later in the post). But I've watched "Blue" about fifty times already, and it is just flawless and it makes me do a little dance in this chair as I type up this post. There will be giddiness and spazzing, as a forewarning, so if you ... say, I don't know ... dislike BIGBANG ... then you probably shouldn't read further because everything I say will be obnoxious from here on out.


The song is essentially about a really bad break up and the depression you feel after it, feeling like you'll never love again, you're destined to be alone and that your heart is "dyed blue" from sadness. During T.O.P's part, he says (according to the subs I found which can only be reliable to an extent) "It's no big deal, I don't care. Inevitable wandering, people come and go." For anyone who has had a bad break up, you know there is that point where you lie to yourself in order to make you feel like you're moving on. It's no big deal, I'll find someone else that is better, I don't care about him/her anymore, etc ... It's a simple line, but I really like it because it is part of the "break up cycle" people go through.


I get why the girl "vanishes" throughout the video. They're "blue" with depression over no longer having this girl in their life, and so they "see" her in the most obscure places or places they used to go. When Seungri is in the driver's seat and looks at the empty passenger seat ... we know it's empty, and he knows it's empty, but that longing and pain his heart feels "tricks" his mind into seeing her. It's more of a desperation and somewhat of a haunting aspect of it. You're forever haunted by the love you lost ... that's some really deep meaning to a music video.


I do not, however, understand why they insist on having one girl for the entire group. Would it really kill them to find four other girls, so the group's name doesn't take on a whole new meaning? (Think about it). Papa YG ... ONE GIRL PER MEMBER. And if you're stuck on who to pick for the next video, my contact information is at the top of the page. 


With the style, it's hit and miss for me. Surprisingly, the one that I felt was the most put together and the most "DAMN" worthy ... was actually Seungri. I know! I KNOW! I've never ever said that, but he stole all of my attention. And I have to say ... it's about damn time this man stepped it up. I knew he had in him, but his cockiness and arrogance always covered it up to make him seem like a kid trying too hard. But now? Oh, he's matured and that cockiness turned into confidence.


Photobucket

And it definitely shows. From now on, you are no longer a kid in my eyes, Seungri. You're a man now. Keep it up. (Oh and thank you for finally showing those abs. It took about two years of me complaining, but I'm glad someone else thought it was about damn time).


At first when I heard that Daesung was blonde, I was wary. I do not like any other man besides G-Dragon to be that unnaturally blonde. 


Photobucket


But he actually looks really good for some reason. I think it could have been a little bit darker, more of like a golden blonde, dirty blonde color rather than Valley Girl tanorexic blonde ... but it still suits him very nicely and that was a big risk that thankfully turned out to be the right decision.


T.O.P is just flawless.


Photobucket


This needs no further explanation.


G-Dragon ... for the love of all things holy ... what ... really?


Photobucket


I will take this over The Cure hair any day, but still this is not your best, boo boo. You've had so many looks it's hard for me to pinpoint my absolute favorite. Actually, no ... that is a complete lie. My favorite look was when you went back to black and had it all cockatoo looking at the MAMA awards. You know ... when you split your pants. That's my favorite look. Can we bring that back please? I just don't like that synthetic looking hair clip thing you have as bangs under that hat. Unless that is your real hair, in which case, we need to stop dying it before you go bald. 


And while that ugly ass hat is mentioned, I feel like I need to take a time out from talking about the video to address the horrible trend that is going around. THOSE DAMN HATS ARE STUPID AND IF YOU WEAR IT LIKE THAT, WITH ALL THAT SPACE IN THE FABRIC ON TOP OF YOUR HEAD YOU LOOK LIKE A HOMELESS MAN. STOP LOOKING LIKE A DAMN HOBO AND PULL IT DOWN ALREADY. GD DID THIS, TAE DID THIS, AND APPARENTLY IT'S THE "STYLE" NOW FOR GUYS ALL OVER THE WORLD TO LOOK LIKE A FUCKING BUM. STOP IT. STOP IT NOW. YOU ARE TWO OF THE RICHEST MEN IN SOUTH KOREA, THERE IS NO NEED TO LOOK LIKE YOU SLEPT ON A PARK BENCH WITH A NEWSPAPER BLANKET. CUT IT THE FUCK OUT NOW.


I hate those stupid ass, ugly hats.


Taeyang ... oh, I saved you for last for a reason, boo. You have two looks in this video: amazing and awful.


Photobucket


This is the amazing one. Absolute perfection, no complaints, I would bow down and worship at your feet with this look. 


Photobucket


This monstrosity, on the other hand ... who dressed you? I know this isn't 100% your fault (at least I am hoping it isn't) but what stylist in their right mind looked at this put together and said, "This looks great!" I mean, seriously ... I can't tell if it is zebra print or just abstract shapes on your pants, but a good rule of thumb is if you can't tell what it is, it probably shouldn't be worn, and an ever better rule of thumb is if it is zebra print on a grown man's pants, it should be burned. Seriously, Tae ... my three-year-old niece has zebra leggings and they look like that. That's so bad. 


And I know this isn't your fault, but dude you have to learn to say NO sometimes. Everything else is fine with what you're wearing except those damn pants. I am absolutely positive that if you had switched those pants out with white pants, you'd look amazing. In fact, if you or one of your stylists or anyone who knows you is reading this, put Tae in the same damn outfit with white pants, or hey even a dark denim, and it will be astronomically better than what was worn in the video. That's how strongly I feel about it, if I measure it in astronomical terms. 


That took a little longer than I thought it would ...


Few other quick little things that should have been done in a better way:


Photobucket


1. Tae has acne problems. We all know this. Those pesky little buggers like to stay on that beautiful jaw line. Lighting is so crucial sometimes, and the way the camera was angled, plus the lighting, you can really see the acne bumps and scars on his skin. It should have been caught and either left out of the video or re-filmed if need be. (You might not be able to see it in the above picture, but it is very noticeable in HD when you watch the video).


Photobucket


2. No one should ever let this man run in a music video. Ever.




Seriously, ever.


Photobucket


3. The "pants" that are running in the video belong to the girl, not Seungri. Every time they show the girl, the coloring of the film is different, very grainy too. I don't know why they didn't have Seungri run in the video. Maybe he runs worse than Tae.


One more thing I feel the need to address, as I have not yet fully expressed my thoughts on the subject matter ...


BIGBANG IS HAVING A WORLD TOUR. BIGBANG IS COMING TO AMERICA. I WILL SEE BIGBANG IN PERSON. OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD. OH MY GOD.


That means fives things:


1. G-Dragon, black cockatoo hair.
2. Taeyang, fitted hats.
3. Seungri, show your abs.
4. Daesung, smile that beautiful smile.
5. T.O.P, just show up.


I'm coming for you, boys. Get ready.


Check out "Blue" by BIGBANG!




TKPA

5 comments:

  1. Loving everything in this post!!!! ♥

    I'm really excited for their new album~~ Have you heard the teaser for "Bad Boy" already? eargasm! (*_*)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I love your blog haha I agree with everything you said. I couldn't stop laughing at the TOP remarks(so true btw
    -fangirling- AHHH CAN'T WAIT FOR THE WORLD TOUR!!!! I'm going to see them as well<3
    I'll come back for more of your awesome blog[:

    ReplyDelete
  3. TKPA!!! Girl, have I missed you? of course!!! For so long, I've waited for your Big Bang posts. Finally! You are simply my idol in all ramblings about Big Bang.I missed you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ♪───O(≧∇≦)O────♪
    Daesung looks even more cuter
    with the ~what I thought was~
    platnium/champagne blond hair.....
    and his smile.... KAWAII!!!!! I could
    go on forever but his shyness &
    quiteness is what won me over :3
    DAESUNG YOU BETTER KEEP
    THAT HAIR! It suits you.... and your
    laugh.... and your smile.... its all so
    kawaii. (((o(*゚▽゚*)o)))
    ♪───O(≧∇≦)O────♪

    ReplyDelete